Steel bayou hunting

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
headbuster
Regular

Steel bayou hunting

Postby headbuster » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:31 am

When you are driving down hwy61 north u cross the yazoo river and then steel bayou and as soon as u cross that bridge there is a gravel road to ur left that runs down beside steel bayou is that a hunting camp or private land. If it's a camp does anyone know who to get in touch wit to see if they have any openings.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Steel bayou hunting

Postby teul2 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:44 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:39 am

Several camps, some with members on the board. I expect all have waiting lists, though another summer of high water might help that. That area has taken a beating from the water.
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:11 pm

Some land individually owned, some in camps. I know we have a waiting list as do our neighboring camps. Stang is right, we are generally the first to flood and the last to get water off of us when the gates are closed, but I haven't heard of many folks getting out.
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
GrizwalD
Duck South Addict

Postby GrizwalD » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:52 pm

not exactly sure of ownership through there but like my camp most camps on steel bayou are a waiting list a mile long and very rarely does anyone get out
COON HUNTER
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:06 pm

they don't. stay home.

i'm just teasing. for real though, dukhntn hit it on the head. several individual land owners and a big timber company own most of the property on either side of the canal.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:44 pm

Lots of camps in that area. Anderson Tully has a bunch of land in that area and there s also some 16th section land next to Mahannah. Most of those camps have a waiting list as stated. I have several friends that hunt in the area and there is a camp I could join if I wanted but just can't justify the money as I would only be able to make a couple of trips a year and I have a free place to hunt for those times.
headbuster
Regular

Postby headbuster » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:02 pm

Thanks y'all. If anyone hears of a opening let me know. Thanks.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”