tractor question

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

tractor question

Postby duckkiller » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:24 am

Looking at selling my JD 820 and replacing with a Mahindra 4025 w/ loader anyone have this tractor or have a Mahindra in general would love to hear some likes and dislikes on the Mahindra line.
Life is to short to only fish on weekends
DuckBoat
Veteran

Re: tractor question

Postby DuckBoat » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:57 am

Good tractors just generally not as refined as the other brands. Get 4x4 for the loader work.
dukluk
Duck South Addict

Postby dukluk » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:11 pm

what you gonna ask for your 820???
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:38 pm

Honestly haven't thought about it, off top of my head id say around 4-4500 just ball parking it
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:51 pm

The only Mihindra I have any experience on was one somebody brought to camp a few years ago. It was a 55ish horsepower model, 4wd and loader, no cab. The only thing I remember about it was that it was very awkward getting in and out of the seat. Kinda like it was made for tiny people. Also, don't use it for clearing brush. Oil filter hangs out like a sore setta nuts and doesn't take much to knock one off.
Where'd who go?
GrizwalD
Duck South Addict

Postby GrizwalD » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:44 am

Every mahindra ive been around was a POS! My old boss had one that went through 3 engines, a buddy of mine also bought one 2 years ago and within the first few hours it was leaking power steering fluid all down the dash and on the floor.... ive never heard anyone brag on a Mahindra. Now im sure someone will get on here and swear by them, but this is just my .02 ... Go John Deere or Massey if your asking me.
COON HUNTER
kevinw
Veteran

Postby kevinw » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:01 am

Only issue I see with a Mahindra is the number of dealers. You need to find out how far the nearest dealer is from where you will be using it mostly. If you need a part on a weekend, will it shut you down? That's why I like Kubota or John Deere, there are always a dealer for them somewhere close.
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:30 am

Thanks for the info guys keep it coming, as far as dealers go I have a ton of dealers around me here in Alabama and close to my hunting camp in Mississippi.
MSRetrievers
Veteran

Postby MSRetrievers » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:56 am

What are you going to be doing with it is a big question?
Just food plots and bush hogging at deer camp or what. Most any of the tractors out will do fine for this type of work.
You pay a lot for the John Deere, Kubota name, both great tractors, but you do pay some for the name.

My suggestion would be go drive them all and figure out which one fits you the best.
In 2010, Mahindra became the number one selling tractor in the WORLD, but that doesn't mean squat if you don't have service readily available because let's face it all tractors will tear up at some point and need something.
headbuster
Regular

Postby headbuster » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:05 am

I had a friend that worked at the old liberty tractor that used to be in Byram and he told me to never buy a Mahindra everyone of them are a PIECE OF $#!+
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:45 am

all work around the deer camp and some clean up of my parents property, I have an older John Deere 820 now and love it but wanting one with a loader. I have bought 3 Kubotas for the golf course and will never buy another one, in fact Im working on a new lease package now and will be replacing all of them (5 years old or less) with new John Deere's. The price is right on the Mahindra for my personal use but like everything you get what you pay for.
lilham
Veteran

Postby lilham » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:30 pm

I bought a Mahindra this year and I'm very pleased with it. They have economical(cheaper) models and deluxe models just like Deere. In compact and utility tractors they put more power on the ground for their size than most because of their weight. I've had New Hollands and JDs.

I know where a Mahindra 5035, Shuttle Shift, 4wd, with loader is for $27,000. Less than 20 hours on it.
"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson
Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:13 pm

I've owned two and from what i have seen they are great tractors. They are not as strong PTO wise as the other market leaders though.
Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:01 pm

I've got a 41 hp Mahindra with front loader and use it for all sorts of things. I have the backhoe attachment and have used that more than anything else. The only things that have broken on mine (it has 850 hours on it) are the sway bars on the 3 point hitch b/c my buddy on here (i won't name names) kept hitting tree stumps with the disk. I love mine for what i do with it........bushhog, disk, dig and move dirt, tiller. No doubt JD, Kubota, Case etc. are nicer.....just depends on if it'll do what you are planning on using it for b/c it's waaaayyy cheaper. There seems to be a mahindra dealer within 30 mins of everywhere nowadays.......at least in the delta.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”