New Duck Blind

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Deltaduk
Veteran

Re: New Duck Blind

Postby Deltaduk » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:17 pm

impressed!! looks good
Barq's
Veteran

Postby Barq's » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:09 am

you brushing yet? need some finished pics
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:56 am

Hail I don't know if you call this brushing or what. I knew this blind was big. I knew that before we started, but I had no idea that it would soak up this much brush. I have cut 3 entire trees. I always use fire wood for camp so it doesn't go to waste. We still need 2 more loads to finish the blind as for it to please me. Some people might say it is okay, however season will come and there will be holes to fill and what not. PS I still have a timber hole to brush. Will start trading oak for hunts.

Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:20 am

I always try to find a spot where I have to shoot my way out of the cover I'm in on the first few ducks of the morning. Glad to see you're taking the same approach!

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Looks good. Need to get a drone and take a pic from about 50 ft above..........that'll tell the real story.

Nice blind.
jkmjr
Regular

Postby jkmjr » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:55 pm

Blind looks great and the spot is equally as good. Hope you get covered up with more than brush :D
jkmjr
Regular

Postby jkmjr » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:03 pm

I assume y'all have to pump that. If so when will you start?
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:36 am

We will start pumping around 1st week of November. We will close the gates ,and pray from some rain as soon as we finish which should be this weekend. Thing about pumping early or too quick is that we will usually get a push of birds early, and they will loot like (any reference here would be racial so think Katarina :) ) So we try to keep the looters out.

We try to hold birds in mid December and January rather than holding 2-5k opening weekend. We have had some great opening days, but we were in the timber and the water was out. Around us there are a lot of big holes, big spreads, and lots of food. We hope that the other fields get eat out first, then the birds will hold on us.
the tree
Veteran

Postby the tree » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:51 am

yeah, yeah, yeah....the pole, what about the pole?
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:19 am

the tree
Veteran

Postby the tree » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:52 am

Update!
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:03 am

Not a lot going on right now. Got the lights wired last Saturday. We have enough lights that you can see us from at least 150 miles on land, and maybe 30,000 feet by plane or rocket ship. These lights are good for the gals to see. Hard to lead an ole gal to a duck blind without any lights. Plus they the lights have a flash setting to make them gals feel at home. I'll get some pics posted of everything when I get back from China. Going to get me some new drake gear, and some decoys. PS funny thing about China. Those little people love some duck. They will eat everything and I mean everything. Them ole gals at work eat the feet off ducks and geese. They pickle them feet, intestines, and even the head (I tried those intestines, and they are not as bad as you think.) Nothing sexier than seeing a 110lb woman mouthing a goose foot. Yezzzz lawd yezzzzz.

As far as the blind. Last few weeks have been just touch up stuff, and I sent bill out to the member's :shock: . Lights, back curtain, working on boats, little dirt work. I need to get the oven, pedestal seats, and what have ye's in the blind.

It's almost time bub.
the tree
Veteran

Postby the tree » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:27 am

Update!
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:33 am

Well bub as you know its been raining, and warm. Not many ducks here, but we have a little spot off the beaten path that does pretty good. With that said we haven't stepped foot in that blind we built lol. Little history, when we built a new blind in the timber, we worked our ace off, just like this blind. It's for sure not as big, but its nice. Come duck season there were 65,000 birds on the refuge, which is about 500 yards away, and we were walking in sandals through our timber hole due to no rain. So if it's going to rain then I want a bunch of rain!!!!!! PS that timber hole makes just as good of biscuits as any blind bub.
Opener

Lil homemade sausage.

Day 2

ohh and we eat

After the split
Got some egg rings. Makes your eggs like McDonald's, and they work pretty good.

Bagged a few.
the tree
Veteran

Postby the tree » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:53 am

all about your attititude, great pictures...please send one off new blind when up and running...and ducks to boot!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”