Gator Draw

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
mossyisland
Duck South Addict

Re: Gator Draw

Postby mossyisland » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:42 am

Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:59 am

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
GrizwalD
Duck South Addict

Postby GrizwalD » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:34 am

COON HUNTER
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:14 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
lilham
Veteran

Postby lilham » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:06 pm

The quota system Arkansas uses on their bear hunts works great. You buy your license(out of State is $350) and hunt. If you harvest a bear, you have till like 9 pm to report it. After check-in time, you can call their hotline number and see how many is left on the quota. If there are only 5 tag left, everyone eligible can still hunt the entire next day....they don't end it in the middle of hunting if 5 people check bears in. Three years ago, they had like 11 bears left after the 6th day. On the 7th day they had over 20 killed, no one was in trouble and the season was over. Two years ago, they never reach their quota. Last year, it took almost the whole season to reach the quota. It's not a "mad dash".

I do not agree with using a boat registration as part of the process. I have a 1236 boat that I use for pond hopping, but it is not suitable for gator hunting. Someone could go register a one-man boat just to be eligible.

This is my first year to get a tag. Some people are acting like it's a crime that got a tag and they didn't since I don't have gear or a big booty boat. I can buy the gear. I'm not as privilege as some of y'all to have been drawn every year. I did enter the drawing two years, but never got drawn. For people whining/disappointed....if they really like gator hunting as much as they claim, should be offering their experience and/or gear to others instead of just saying F--- IT.

Good Luck to all that got a tag.
"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson
js
Veteran

Postby js » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:47 pm

an easy way for everyone to get a tag to hunt gators is for mdwfp issue 2 tags to everyone with a sportsmans license if they want to hunt they have tags if they don't want to hunt turn there tags back in and have those on a first come basis and you pay for the used tags at check in
RebelYelp
Duck South Addict

Postby RebelYelp » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:58 pm

I think they need to allow residents of a particular zone have first dibs on the tags for said zone 8) 8) :D

in all seriousness, the entire deal has been screwed up. From the hundreds who applied for years never to be drawn, while seeing others be drawn every year, to MDWFP not reading their own damn instructions this year and forgetting to set up one of the hyperlinks where they said to click, so hundreds were attempting to buy tags with busted ass website. I'm still not sure what the problem is with a progressive or preference point system, especially when everyone in the state is wanting to go to 3-4 particular zones.
Sun rise in the east.... and it sets up in the West, yes the sun rise in east baby, and it sets up in the west..... It's hard to tell, hard to tell, hard to tell, which one, which one I love best.....

Return to “General Discussion Forum”