Dear DS Braintrust,

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
SB
Duck South Addict

Re: Dear DS Braintrust,

Postby SB » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:19 pm

I was driving back from Biloxi Sunday morning with the family and pulled over on the side of Hwy 49 to wear a 3 year old little girl's bottom out. There is probably a YouTube video of me out there some passerby captured. I'm a firm believer in "pain and compliance."

I think we/she is experiencing the terrible twos right now. My wife says our 7 year old experienced them too, but she says I've just blocked out those memories. Maybe so, but I sure don't remember her being defiant like her little sister is.
Scott Baker
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:20 pm

Double post
Scott Baker
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:53 pm

been there done that SB. It only took one or two for my daughter to understand what was coming for a smart mouth attitude.
jkmjr
Regular

Postby jkmjr » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:01 am

Social media in the hands of teenage girls is the work of the devil :twisted:
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:56 am

The reason I do not have three children is because I knew the 3rd would be a girl as well. That smart teenage mouth accompanied with the eye rolling is going to land me in jail. I was warned over and over but never thought it would be like this. I just pray daily that I can speak with patience and wisdom, and not beat her out of anger. Make no mistake though, I still have no problem handing out discipline to a 13 yr old daughter. I try to remind myself that she will be the one wiping the oatmeal off my chin when they throw me in the nursing home. :D God is good and I sure don't deserve the two great healthy children he gave me. It is all just a rite of passage. It goes by so fast. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
There will be a day....
msudawg8087
Duck South Addict

Postby msudawg8087 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:07 am

What a great thread to read while one is currently receiving baby pressure from his wife......
SHERMANATOR
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:09 am

Glad to see I'm not alone struggling with a teenage daughter!
Lover her to death, but she could not be more different than our first one! Oldest one never really went through the "terribles" ..... youngest one has been going through them for many years.
Also; this social media crap is crap & turning our kids into completely different animals! It's a full time job trying to monitor all the outlets they use these days. Of course I get accused of "stalking" her. And as a general rule, girls are mean!
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
slim jim
Veteran

Postby slim jim » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:07 am

It felt like a load was lifted off me just reading thru this. Just last night i stopped and snatched my 13 y/o daughter out the car and busted her ass, first time i had to in over 5 years
this look's like it's gona hurt
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:49 pm

Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:16 am

I have an app than runs about $15.00 per month that monitors my 13 year old's iphone. I captures everything including deleted messages. First time I caught her she asked how I knew. She didn't finish saying the rest of her thought which was, "I deleted that". I just told her God told me. The app captures everything as it happens and stores it in the cloud. I've got one cloud account for the 5 Iphones so I can also track location. I do spot inspections where I drive to where the kid said they were going to be and I better find the kid and cell phone at that place. Better not just "forget" to leave the phone at Sally Sue's house and you better not sign out of the cloud. Either of those two offenses mean I get keep their phone in my safe for a few weeks until they reacquaint themselves with the rules. I still do the random phone checks where I'll go a few weeks and then just snatch the phone out of her hand and start going to town. I get screams and howls and I say if there's nothing on here bad, what are you hollering about. I then add, "it's time to come to Jesus so you can 'fess up now or I'll find it in a minute." You'd be amazed what they'll 'fess up to thinking you are about to find it anyway. They think they can put a spin on it to lessen the damage than if I just find it.

I hear all the time about how Sally Sue's parents don't do all this and my response is Sally Sue isn't my problem unless she happens to be staying with us for a night or two.

Had a knock down drag out tonight with the 13 year old. Wife asked after it was over if I wanted another one. Told her not just no but Hell no. I'd go through ten nut cuttings if I had to.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:44 am

D@MN! Seymore is "The Man"! And for the record, my little Angel already has the eye-rolling thing down. Unfortunately for her, I'm the oldest of 4. And between me correcting her and her mother correcting everybody (including the Grandparents who live with us. Yeah, my life is very interesting.), This child is liable to catch h311.
Nobody owes you anything.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:36 am

Social media is the devil for teenage girls. We recently took my 13 year olds phone away because of this. We got a land line installed so that we can still contact her when she is home after school. These young boys better be glad my wife does a good job of keeping me in check or I may have already snapped on one, lord knows what have been close. It is extremely scary raising kids today and I get to go through it all again as I have a 10 month old little girl.
DoublePslayer
Veteran

Postby DoublePslayer » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:19 pm

De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:32 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”