Yet another topic to kick around....

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Yet another topic to kick around....

Postby hillhunter » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:55 pm

Since we are in prime season for highly heated debates on govt policy heres another to discuss....

Immigration. With the recent killing of a girl in SF, Cali., by an illegal immigrant who has been deported five times, and has been convicted of 7 felonies, maybe... hopefully... this will be enough to 1) Add enough fuel to the fire to the immigration issue to finally get something done, 2) give us something to debate other than rednecks waving rainbow flags, or was it the gays waving the rebel flag? sorry i forget easily....

Either way I think this topic has much more impact on ALL of us and our children as our country moves forward. Do we build a twenty foot wall with a soldier every hundred ft with a 50 cal? Do we merge with Mexico and call ourselves United States With Really Good Access to Pot and Cancun of America. I dont think either will happen (but would be for the wall), but i think we have to start enforcing laws and strengthen our immigration policy. We have enough to worry about with our own citizens without taking on the population of a borderline third world country to our south. Is there a clear answer? Not sure there is. I think it would be physically impossible and morally irresponsible to deport every single illegal alien here. I also think that if a person has committed a crime in our country or theirs, they have no business here, ever.

Lets start with the first criteria for letting them stay, first if your an illegal and have somehow managed to complete high school, college and now have a job without being discovered and have never been arrested, then you can stay. If you have ever been arrested for a felony, you have to go. I say we take these first two criteria and somehow meet in the middle to decide who stays and who goes. Also, if have been here more than a year, never had a job but have received any form of govt benefit, you get the boot as well..... we already got enough of those.

Ok I've offended enough people with this topic....... Discuss...
work hard, play hard
420 racin
Veteran

Re: Yet another topic to kick around....

Postby 420 racin » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:04 am

Send everyone of them back that is here as an ILLEGAL (that means they broke the law) alien. Build a wall/fence to keep as many out as possible, and put some troops on that wall/fence and make it where they can come here, if they do it legally.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:21 am

Don't know about the stay or go part. I do know that the family of Kathryn Steinle (the woman killed) should own a large part of the County of San Francisco and the State of California since the S.O. released this scum bag rather than turn him back over to ICE.
If you don't know the story on this girl / scum bag, he had been in federal custody for a while (4 years I think, maybe 4 months). The feds gave him to the San Francisco S.O. for trial on a drug charge and wanted him back afterwards. San Francisco is apparently a "SANCTUARY CITY’". Meaning they do not care / obey the migration laws. So when they were done with the drug charge, they let dude go. Never even notified ICE he was being released. And they defended that stance that it was not their policy to do so. Basically, "it is not our policy to obey federal laws". This is due to the 2013 “Trust Act,” where California gave cities like San Francisco more leeway in deciding whether to comply with immigration authorities. Total BS in my opinion.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:21 am

I cant for the life of me figure out how we justify turning a blind eye to those who break some of our laws and we throw the book at those who break other laws . Ted Cruz was being interviewed by some Hispanic dude the other day and Ted asked the guy what would happen if someone were caught in Mexico illegally and he said, "They'd get deported." To which Cruz responded, "Exactly. So why shouldn't we enforce our own laws like everybody else?"
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:17 am

If Kathryn Steinle were a black female, a wall would be under construction today!
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
wildturkey
Regular

Postby wildturkey » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:47 am

It is amazing that the state of California can just choose not to obey Federal Laws. I wonder what would happen if the state of Mississippi just choose not to obey the Supreme Court decision on gay marriage? We are a Nation of Laws, and that is what made us a great nation. We are stumbling now because the Obama administration just choose not to follow the law.
“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.”
Winston Churchill
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:45 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:59 am

The same folks who sit and defend the decisions of our country as of late will sit and say "most of them just want a better life and better care". It is amazing that people can try to justify their illegal existence in this country.

Execute him; he has no rights. Seems simple to a simple man.
There will be a day....
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:08 am

yes execute! ^ and this "illegitimate child" too vv. Simply deporting them over and over isn't working!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -children/
A six-time-deported illegal immigrant is charged in the felony hit-and-run of an Arizona mother and her two young children. The man allegedly admitted to being high on marijuana while causing the severe lacerations to a five-year-old boy. The five-year-old and a two-year-old were both taken to an area hospital.

This tragedy comes within one week of two separate incidents involving previously deported illegal immigrants allegedly murdering women in two U.S. states: California and Texas. The California case involved a young woman in San Fransisco taking photos with her father on a pier when an illegal immigrant who had been deported five time prior allegedly murdered her. The Texas case involved an illegal immigrant who had been deported four time prior. Police say the man admitted to murdering his wife with a hammer.

The Arizona hit-and-run case was first reported by inMaricopa.com, with a headline that simply asserted: “2 children injured in Papago crash.” The illegal immigrant is named Manuel Perez-Vasquez.
yankee
Veteran

Postby yankee » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:23 pm

Do a search of the tax returns. if you filed one, you can have an application to stay. if you didn't pay, free bus ride to the border. If you have a felony rap.....adios. I don't disagree with immigration, but I disagree with the fact that I have to license everything, and pay a huge tax bill, while many illegals don't have a driver's license, don't pay a dime in taxes, and sure are not paying for health care. The playing field is nowhere near level.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:15 pm

I'm not against immigration either if it's done legally.
sab316
Veteran

Postby sab316 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:59 pm

Mexicans are the ONLY people that want to work. We've been through SIX white guys since February. SIX. They've just left, not shown up, lied about us and our company, bad mouthed us. Ever had a problem from an amigo? Nope. One kid, didn't finish 11th grade, had 3 kids, living with momma, and made $700+ after taxes one week. Proceeded to not show up (after we've given him a few chances) then is telling everyone we got in his face and cussed him (never even had a stern talking with him) and we weren't going to work him in like a N*****.

They are the only people willing to do the dirty work, farming, landscaping, etc. Kick them out, nothing will be getting done.

If they are a criminal, yep send them back, please. But the ones we've experienced (and have working for us) are all stand-up guys and I would take them over a white or black guy anyday.
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:36 pm

work hard, play hard
sab316
Veteran

Postby sab316 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:07 pm

cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:43 am

http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington

Return to “General Discussion Forum”