US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Johnboy114
Veteran

Re: US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide

Postby Johnboy114 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Galatians 2:20

Its a rat race down here, the only problem is that the rats are going to win!
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Why does one have to have a license to marry to begin with? I've always wondered that. Is there a fee or tax associated with it?
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:58 pm

$21 fee in miss'ippi
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
merlebo05
Duck South Addict

Postby merlebo05 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Johnboy114
Veteran

Postby Johnboy114 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:03 pm

Galatians 2:20

Its a rat race down here, the only problem is that the rats are going to win!
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:23 pm

God gives me free will to choose and decide if I want to wallow in sin, and so why should I not let someone choose and decide if they want to wallow in sin? Let them be. The unrest will not stop, because the issue is not one of society and our "laws"; the issue is much bigger than that. The gay activist/columnist,Savage is his last name, I think, is already hollering about transgender rights.

I have a few friends that are gay. One of my mom's best friends has been gay his entire life. They know that I do not agree with their lifestyle, but I do not hate them. God knows I do NOT want to be on that pedestal to judge. The only man that ever lived who can bear that burden is doing just that for me. And yeah, Jesus WAS a man's man. What he did would be like me going into a federal agency building and cracking the literal whip so they'll get some work done. The fact that Jesus was "ballsy" is something that has been totally lost on an entire generation- my generation- of men. I grew up thinking this Jesus fairy tale dude was a puzz.

I propose this: All homosexuals are welcome to come to my church. Always. However, just as I endure sermons that convict me of my sins, they should not rise up and threaten to burn the building down if they hear a sermon convicting them of their sin. Therein lies the problem: their sin is one they continually entrench themselves in. It hardens their hearts towards God, and therefore toward me and my family.

The issue is the lifestyle- it is one that perpetuates rebellion. The issue is not this particular issue- it is the changing society as a whole, and the followers of Jesus being alienated. We will be persecuted, bank on it. We are assured of this.

I read a book one time that said, "Surely we Christians don't think God allowed man to continue living so he could drive nice cars, have a comfy home and listen to good music?" That's not our reason for existence. This comfy life WILL come to an end. But it will all be good because God's glory is the only good that is good. Take solace that all that happens is His will. When you feel like the world is spinning out of control and there is nothing you can do about it... that's because there is in fact nothing you can do about it.

The reason God is against it is because He did not make it this way. And in the beginning, it was good. All that we have created falls apart- just ask the Corps of Engineers. We are to be fruitful and multiply. We are defiantly defying God's law. My heterosexual sin was no less disgusting than homosexual sin. My pride, arrogance, greed, etc., is no less disgusting than homosexuality, to God. The difference is that instead of digging myself deeper into the pit, through no effort of my own, I have begun to climb out.

Romans 1:18-25 is my favorite passage of Scripture. It is a passage that helped bring me out of the despair of atheism and begin to understand the fear (knowledge) of God. If God is giving us over to ourselves, then who are we to stop Him?

Those of you who belittle a brother of Jesus do not understand where he comes from. The disgust of homosexuality is revolting because it is unnatural, yes. The thought of a man craving another mans ballsack and hairy butthole is odd (but I can see where lesbians might feel differently). But the real reason is our fear of God and love for his life-giving power. Sure there are those of us who are pious and judgmental and self-righteous; that man will see death just as sure as a militant lesbian atheist. (If it, homosexuality, were natural, would we be having a debate right now? If death were natural, would we be debating killing humans in the womb? Do we debate whether letting humans be born is right or not? Do we debate if water is better for you than Mountain Dew? No...we don't. Some "thing" is not right about homosexuality, and so we debate it. And so God says, " His attributes are clearly visible...He has written His law on our hearts and His creation...we will be without excuse.")

I read the book "Resurgence" awhile back. The author makes the point by asking this question, "What do you do when the government says something is lawful, but God says it is not?" What do you do? You suffer persecution, that's what. What is happening is what we have been told will happen: The church will shrink to a small, yet core group of truly devout followers.

I think you naysayers will eat crow one day, if we are all alive to see the result of the question asked above. Just like black society and its problems that it thought it mostly solved in the 60's...this ain't over yet. The activist will sleep for a little while, enjoy the victory if you will. But you naysayers can Mark. My. Word. Write it down: I or my descendants will be persecuted (for real) for our fear of God.

Ya'wanna bet?

I do not agree with homosexuality. I see the "big picture" and how it affects me in the future, but I do not see any point in actively fighting it. My days under the sun are hard enough as it is to be worryin' bout some other dude. But I am not going to pretend that the strange man at the door is always going to stay outside. No, the homosexual agenda feels perfectly content to meddle in my life- and he will sooner or later. You watch and see.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:59 am

Nobody owes you anything.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:19 am

How do you like your Hope and Change?
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:27 am

Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
miket
Veteran

Postby miket » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:45 am

davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:11 pm

duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:25 am

Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:58 am

The US trades, most notably buys oil, with/from countries that have much more negative views on homosexuality than we do. We never hear anything from the democrats about this?
cupnglide
Veteran

Postby cupnglide » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:04 am

There are several major religions across the world. Which of those condone gay marriage historically?
Never assume.
yankee
Veteran

Postby yankee » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:26 am

Regardless of where you stand religiously and/or morally on this issue, the economic costs will be high. Your wife is carried on your insurance, now the same will be true for anyone that is married. Churches and businesses that refuse to serve the gay community will be sued. What happens to the military? Openly gay now? This is just the tip of the iceberg, and there will be nowhere in our society that will not be affected. Just another enormous distraction.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”