US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
gps4
Veteran

US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide

Postby gps4 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:26 am

This is one of my favorite times of the year, internet forum wise, anyway. No hunting seasons going on, too hot to be outside, so nothing like a little controversy to keep the forums on our toes.

NBC reporting the Supreme Court rendered an opinion this morning effectively legalizing gay marriage nationwide.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sam ... es-n375551

Discuss.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Re: US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage Nationwide

Postby davidees » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:33 am

We've been given over. We deserve what we are going to get.

Romans chapter 1
21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:19 am

Yep, you better make sure you are right with the Lord!

I just really cant believe this! IDK why in our current state.

Justunfreakinbelievable!
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:49 pm

Who gives a $hi+. It doesn't affect me in the slightest. Anything that makes someone happy that doesn't affect another person negatively, I'm all good with it. I saw a great person who brought a lot of light to people's lives, lose a battle with depression for having to hide their true feelings from their OWN family. That's something I don't wish on anyone.

That folks that are freaking out thinking this is the end of the world and the sky is falling...all I ask is: If gay marriage is legal in most other 1st world nations, then why would AMERICA be the straw that broke the camels back? You think God says "OK!!! I draw the line at the US legalizing gay marriage!" Though I think in John Chapter 7, verse 8, quadrant yellow it says "The Lord sayeth, two dudes banging makes me mad, but so help me, if America legalizes them to be married, the 4 four horseman will cometh!" :roll: It's not like this decision is going to magically turn people gay, it just gives them a legal paper and title saying that they are now married. Whoopty doo.
Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:09 pm

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Lazy Drake
Veteran

Postby Lazy Drake » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:35 pm

meh, doesn't affect me. Who you want to love and marry is none of my business. We got 99 problems in this country and two gays getting married is not one of them.

I believe the god I worship does not cast out members of his flock if they are gay. He is the Shepard of the whole flock and all followers will be with him in the end.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Maybe they gays will quit bitching and start talking about what really matters instead of being gay. They better start worrying about Isis Because Shaira law does take kindly to homos. It's not my place to judge them, that'll happen one day by a man more powerful than anyone on this earth.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:26 pm

I don't care what they do either, So long and I don't know about it. That's not the problem. Now they will be a protected class, you think the First Baptist church of wherever is going to Marry them, announce the marriage in church on Sunday? No they are not! Then what? Lawsuits, that's what. You have a flamer that is now a protected class of citizen, cant discriminate. You mean you don't have openly gay workers on the payroll? Lawsuit! Plenty of other protections as well.

Federal lawsuit, Sacred heart Catholic church vs Susie and Jane-- discrimination-----Ok either marry them or loose your FederaL TAX Exempt status. Hire john flamer or loose your tax exempt status. It is not just a piece of paper. They will try to stuff this in every part of YOUR FACE!
Long Cut
Veteran

Postby Long Cut » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:03 pm

lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:55 pm

Federal government overstepping state government???? Wasn't that kinda what started the civil war???
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:51 pm

Worst thing to come of this so far, is I have to stop buying makers mark.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435369879.062201.jpg
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:49 pm

OH hell! Wild turkey!
gator
Duck South Sponsor

Postby gator » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:59 pm

HRCH Eight Gauge - Gauge (see you on the bridge buddy)
HRCH Eight Gauge's Mountain Man - Trapper
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:36 pm

Sorry, but if the god you worship is okay with homosexuality, then you don't worship Yahweh.
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:56 pm

Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."

Return to “General Discussion Forum”