RE- Pocket Pistol Thread

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
ShotgunSP
Veteran

RE- Pocket Pistol Thread

Postby ShotgunSP » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:39 am

I didn't want to hijack the other thread, but I am looking for a CC gun. I am a thin guy, and can't adequately conceal my sd9ve comfortably, so I'm looking for much smaller options for everyday carry. Any other skinny guys have a recommendation?
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Re: RE- Pocket Pistol Thread

Postby duckkiller » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:10 am

Its all personal preference but I switched from a Ruger LCP to a Glock 42 and I love it! Im more of a Glock guy anyway but Ive been very happy with the G42 so far.
Life is to short to only fish on weekends
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:06 pm

For 380s

LCP smaller and lighter than the Glock 42 has more capacity with the extended mag and is less expensive and easier to find. Only downside is the trigger

Glock 42 has a better trigger, and easier to shot and practice with

For 9mms

The DB9 is by far the smallest lightest 9mm with the Keltec PF9 running a close second....Both have long heavy DAO triggers both around $300.00

Springfield XDS 9 is probably the most rugged of them all but is a little heavier than the Ruger and Glock. Right now the XDS has a 3 free mag promo going on.. So you get the gun and 5 mags for $475.00

The Ruger LC9s or LC9s Pro both have better triggers than the Glock 43 are both less expensive (Around $380 out the door) have higher capacity than the Glock (About $500.00 out the door), but are just a tad bigger.

Other options are the Shield (About $420.00) which is comparable to the Ruger, and the less expensive Taurus 709 Slim (About $300.00)

I have a couple of models in stock but can also order anything you need at
http://www.safefireshooting.com/firearm ... sfers.html
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
ShotgunSP
Veteran

Postby ShotgunSP » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:35 pm

All good info- thank you

cwink- I'll check out your site.
3spop
Veteran

Postby 3spop » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:36 pm

Don't overlook the kahr cm9. Conceals well in front pocket. Well made and comfortable for me and my wide sized hands to shoot.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:46 am

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:54 am

Chad - how are the sights on the 42/43? Basic Glock sights? That's my one knock on the LCP.

Is the 43 appreciably smaller than the Shield? I have a Shield and it just does not want to conceal well for me. I've also owned a Taurus Slim and found it to be a solid shooter, really accurate and ate most ammo well.
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:12 am

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:59 am

-George Washington

Return to “General Discussion Forum”