Speaker Phillip Gunn Calls For Removal of Confederate Flag..

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Re: Speaker Phillip Gunn Calls For Removal of Confederate Fl

Postby lilwhitelie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:58 pm

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
3spop
Veteran

Postby 3spop » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:41 am

:roll: Can't y'all see what is happening? It's so frustrating to me that so many are believing the hype. Next in no particular order will be: the American flag-it was flown by many millions more people who have committed bad deeds than the Rebel flag, guns-used by evil people to commit countless bad deeds, and finally Christianity-used by millions to justify terrible deeds. If you believe any single one of these politicians who are magically all of the sudden thinking that now is the perfect time to remove this flag are doing it for anything other than political reasons, you are naïve at best. It seems to me that a large majority of our population is now having their opinions influenced by the media and all of their agendas. Makes me sick. We have become a society of people who want our opinions dictated to us just like we want our lifestyle provided to us by our guvment.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:07 am

http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:35 am

Well it's started here in TN as well.

Small highschool "The Rebels" will have a name change due to so many complaints. People having an all out war about how it hurts their feelings. Never was a issue until now.

In Camden, TN there is Nathan Bedford Forrest. Over 25 miles of hiking trails, cabins, etc. There is also a church camp that joins the state park. Well the name Nathan Bedford is offensive. I'll bet my salary these people (trying to refrain from cussing like a teenage sailor) have no idea where the park even is. It has never been an issue, but now I have something to do since I am an elected official, and this would be great on my resume. I saved the people from the state park.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/po ... /29185555/

They keeping pushing white this white that. Hate this hate that, and you will wake up one morning with an all out race war on your hands. PS living in MS made me despise sorry black people. I have never seen so many sorry black people in one place. Of course there weren't any in my town and only graduated with 6 in a public high school.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:51 am

I have now seen mention of trying to get rid of the confederate carvings at Stone Mountain in GA. Boy are they taking the ball and running with it or what?
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:54 am

I think Bill O Reiley really hit the nail on the head with this talking points.. And I 100% agree with him on this issue.. He is making a stand!! and telling everyone that the US is not a racist nation and anyone is going to start calling out all the race baiters!!!

Please watch this video..

http://www.billoreilly.com/b/Demonizing ... 15354.html
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:06 am

Like I said in an above post. What will we rename the Ross Barnett reservoir to not offend anyone?? I would love for waters world from fox to go below the spillway or in the main lake and pose the question about anyone being offended by the name Ross Barnett?? Will anyone stop fishing until the name changes? Bet very few if any asked would have a clue about his biography but I bet it comes up before all is said and done and it will be renamed. Ol SHARPTON is fixing to be a busy man and make a ton of money. I would love to see a poll here to see how many would vote for or against the flag change. People tend to say one thing in public but when that voter curtain closes they do just the opposite.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:21 am

Being aggitated or offended is apparently the cool thing to do these days. If people would put that much effort into something construtive, like a job or work effort, I wonder how this world would be.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:27 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:40 pm

I'm for the flag, I'm for the constitution, I'm for god and country. Thank goodness there are people, and businesses that I can recommend/spend my money with that will stand up for MS.
IttaBenaKilla
Veteran

Postby IttaBenaKilla » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm not going to address every element of this discussion, or spend any time highlighting the flawed, paranoia laden logic. Not that my opinion is any more important than those that differ, but here it is. Simply put, the Confederate battle flag is a reminder of an openly racist past here in MS to a large population and class of people in our state. It's that simple. My heritage and history will always be tantamount, but my desire to keep that symbol on our flag is not more important to me than the individual feelings of those it truly offends. There are a lot of good, hard working black people in our state and I think we as white people need to finally show some respect for their stance on this issue. I don't see anything other than a reminder of where I live - the football games, sweet tea, deer season - when I look at the flag. But when you have a candid, open conversation with a black person on this issue, I have yet to hear them tell me anything other than a negative connotation is associated with that symbol, for them.

I believe them. If you really want to know why the flag needs to be different, go talk to some black people and frame the issue from their side. All of the other arguments and analogies are apples and oranges. I'm willing to accept any consequences of changing the flag. If I have to fight harder to keep other issues from spiraling in the wrong direction, so be it. The black population of this state deserve a change.

The "trash" people keep referring to don't, for the most part, get out and vote. Both races. This isn't about them. It's about the good and decent people of this great state coming together to promote change for the better. Albeit, symbolic, it is still positive.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:14 pm

explain the last vote please.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:27 pm

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm

I saw a news van at the courthouse this morning and I immediately thought of the statue. I hope not was for the kids initial apearance for the double homicide and not the statue. I have a feeling they'll come after it. At what point are people not offended? I'd bet a white person was murdered while a black person was blasting rap music. Should we outlaw rap music? Is that the same or not?
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:33 pm

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE

Return to “General Discussion Forum”