Speaker Phillip Gunn Calls For Removal of Confederate Flag..

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
IttaBenaKilla
Veteran

Re: Speaker Phillip Gunn Calls For Removal of Confederate Fl

Postby IttaBenaKilla » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:46 pm

Lodi: More white people voted than black people to keep the flag as is.

I narrowly framed the issue as I see it. I am not debating anything other than the flag. The monuments and street names are a whole other discussion. Apples and oranges. I stand by what I said, and I am not going to chase any rabbit trails.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:21 am

As you can see in the news there is a big trend now to deface any memorial that is of confederate decent but no mention of hate crimes to the ones defacing them. Kid gets possible 10 years in jail for what he did to a statue of james Meredith. Is this not a double standard?? How does this help race relations??? Take the flag!!! But it isn't going to stop there that's being proven. They are demanding all confederate statues or memorials to go. Next are street names, park names, military bases, war ships, lakes and reservoirs, towns etc till there is no history left. Yet there are schools named after Malcolm x and streets as well. He was an active racist and praised the killing of JFK. Sad the kid killed the folks in South Carolina but it had nothing to do with the flag etc. Politicians are using this to gain votes etc in areas where it counts. Others are being quiet because they know many are watching there comments and know the wrong words will cost them an election.

Baltimore is a great example. Police watched as a city was burned while people committed felonies in front of their faces and they were told to do nothing to let people vent. Then they call for federal funding to rebuild.

If anyone thinks this starts and ends with the flag you are wrong and smart politicians are fully aware their voters are watching. Phil Bryant may offer to put this to a vote and that is his best option. To override what was voted on in the past to appease a few would be political suicide. There was a vast majority in America that didn't vote for Obama but he won electoral votes so we live with it. No rioting or boycotting. Let the system work. When you start making decisions and defying your voters you are on a lonely path come election time.

So I hope the American Indians are taking notes. If they are they have plenty of fire power to remove the Stars and Stripes.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:49 am

The mayor of Memphis has called for the removal of the Nathan Bedford Forrest statue by the Health Science Center....AND the removal of his body and his wife's body from the grounds as well.
Last edited by Deltamud77 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:51 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:56 am

just out of curiosity, how many of you fellas have the mississippi state flag or any confederate battle flag flying in your front yards?
IttaBenaKilla
Veteran

Postby IttaBenaKilla » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:39 am

Teul, that was the point. He asked me to explain the vote from 14 years ago. So I gave the short answer.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:56 am

The original state flag with the Magnolia tree was originally adopted in 1861 (at the beginning of the civil war). Prior to 1861 there was not an official MS Flag... It wasn't until 1906 that MS changed the flag to the current rebel flag version. If the Rebel Flag version was the original flag from the the time MS became a state in 1817, then I would say the flag should stay.. But it was adopted (I believe) in response to the civil war and therefore, I think it is time to change it back either to the original 1861 flag or to the one that was proposed in 2001, which I think is a really cool looking flag..

I do not support changing park names, street names, pulling down monuments, etc. I see them as two seperate issues.
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:56 am

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:56 am

The original state flag with the Magnolia tree was originally adopted in 1861 (at the beginning of the civil war). Prior to 1861 there was not an official MS Flag... It wasn't until 1906 that MS changed the flag to the current rebel flag version. If the Rebel Flag version was the original flag from the the time MS became a state in 1817, then I would say the flag should stay.. But it was adopted (I believe) in response to the civil war and therefore, I think it is time to change it back either to the original 1861 flag or to the one that was proposed in 2001, which I think is a really cool looking flag..

I do not support changing park names, street names, pulling down monuments, etc. I see them as two separate issues.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:06 am

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:35 am

-George Washington
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:13 am

The Yellow Rose of Texas......

She is calling you home......
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:42 am

-George Washington
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:00 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:01 pm

Anyone tried to find a copy of gone with the wind???? Sold out everywhere!!!!!!!!
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE

Return to “General Discussion Forum”