Bankermane

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Double R 2
Duck South Addict

Bankermane

Postby Double R 2 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:43 pm

Cleaning out the garage the other day, ran across a small sack of magnum burlaped Herters. Bankermane was one of the old-time regulars. I met him personally the first time when he had a garage cleaning of his own and gave away these decoys and some other things, but we later hunter together locally and abroad, tuna fished down in LA. Crawfish boils and good times he was always up for it. RIP Bankermane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ramsey Russell's GetDucks.com® It's duck season somewhere. Full-service, full-time agency specializing in world-wide wingshooting and trophy bird hunts. Toll free 1-866-438-3897. Visit our website to view 100s of client testimonials, 1000s of photos.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Re: Bankermane

Postby teul2 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:46 pm

Think about Chan often.
Great man who is sorely missed.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Tedl10
Duck South Addict

Postby Tedl10 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Thanks for posting Ramsey. I admired him an awful lot. I loved to pick his brain about photography every chance I got. The man was a wealth of knowledge and loved to see a young guy like me so interested in the subject. I borrowed a 100-400 L for over a month from him and when he came to pick it up, he gave me a 300 prime L F4 to keep as my own. It was something I will never forget. He was a great guy.
Cash's Loaded Gun - Case

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after. It's a reckonin" - Doc Holliday

Ted Lloyd, Jr.
gator
Duck South Sponsor

Postby gator » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:09 pm

BANK was a good'un...i remember the first real trip i took as a working member of society. it was a do-it-yourself duck/goose/pheasant trip to montana in 2006. i wanted to do some fly fishing while i was there and asked on here about rods and the like...Bank sent me a PM and told me he had a brand new St. Croix rod i could use if I wanted it. I met him a few days later at the gas station across from the coliseum............i asked him what he wanted for me using the rod and he just smiled and said, "Keep it."

that was pretty much the Chan i knew....and the one i had beers with back in the msducks old venice meets days and the crawfish boils...

gator
HRCH Eight Gauge - Gauge (see you on the bridge buddy)
HRCH Eight Gauge's Mountain Man - Trapper
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:08 pm

Good people
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

Jeff
Duck South Addict

Postby Jeff » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:58 am

WHile I only got to meet him in person a handful of times (why don't we tuna fish as a group anymore???) he was a great guy. Whenever we did a fund raiser here he was always one of the first to donate to a good cause. He always tried to use his gifts to help others, LOVED to shoot, and was funny as hell, I miss him too.
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:13 am

He was one of the most generous people you would ever meet. Hunted with him up at Robert Stanton's place and at the club he was in with the Ergon folks at Drew. What a hunt! I stayed there for 4 days with him, of course the hospitality was great and the conversation, funny! He always made sure he bought a table at DW or DU event in Trustmark's name and instead of telling friends at work to come he gave the seats to guys on this board that he would RATHER hangout with! Heart of gold and I miss the big lug.
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:33 am

He really was a truly generous man. Chan, you are missed, buddy.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
Johnboy114
Veteran

Postby Johnboy114 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:52 am

Galatians 2:20

Its a rat race down here, the only problem is that the rats are going to win!
rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:32 am

He was a living example of a give you the shirt off his back guy. First DW banquet I went to with him I walked off to get a drink and when I got back he was bidding something like $600 on a framed picture of some labs that he overheard my wife and I say we liked. Asked him why he liked it so much and he said "I don't...you do" Had to convince him to quit bidding on it. Pretty sure he would have spent $6000 on it if we wanted it. Miss that dude being around. Never a dull moment with him.
Barq's
Veteran

Postby Barq's » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:01 pm

I just know that he helped buy Christmas for my niece and nephew (kids and family he had never met) after Katrina rolled through and took everything that family had...truly a class act man and I will always remember him for that...
Barq's
Double R 2
Duck South Addict

Postby Double R 2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Pretty impressive the lives he touched and how he is remembered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ramsey Russell's GetDucks.com® It's duck season somewhere. Full-service, full-time agency specializing in world-wide wingshooting and trophy bird hunts. Toll free 1-866-438-3897. Visit our website to view 100s of client testimonials, 1000s of photos.
timberjack
Duck South Addict

Postby timberjack » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:02 pm

Chan was a cool guy with a quick wit, miss him on this board.
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:12 am

My one and only time meeting Chan was fishing in Venice with Jeff. Chan and his son came down and Jeff (GH22) and I went meet them in Venice. Great guy and do wish he was still here.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero

Return to “General Discussion Forum”