troubled son gets .45 from Dad on 21st birthday ............

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
eSJay
Duck South Addict

troubled son gets .45 from Dad on 21st birthday ............

Postby eSJay » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:22 pm

Said son murders 9 people in cold blood (in a Church).
How soon before new gun law is written & signed by "O"?

discuss...........
"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Re: troubled son gets .45 from Dad on 21st birthday ........

Postby cwink » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:13 pm

Father will likely end up in Jail.. While it is legal to give a gun to someone, you can not do it if you know they would have been barred from owning it..

Gun owners jump up and down and scream "Don't touch my guns" Yet some gun owners continue to do stupid things like this.. If this father knew his son was on drugs then he should not have given him a handgun.. Same issue with Sandy Hook.. The mother knew her son was mentally unstable yet still he was able to get his hands on her guns..

If you go down the list of mass shootings, most of the time the gun is not legal obtained or owned by the shooter.. It is likely something that was bought off the street, was given to them or many times it was a youth that got their hands on family members guns.. The only mass shooting that I know were by the person that legally got the gun were Aurora CO, The Navel Shipyard, FT Hood and Virginia Tech.. There may be others but those are off the top of my head.

Politicians want more gun laws, gun owners want less gun laws, I want smarter, more responsible gun owners..
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:32 pm

I know it's blasphemy to dare suggest any incremental change that might be considered "gun control", but the way Canada currently has their laws for gun ownership is the most logical for an open minded conversation. To own, buy, or have a gun in your possession, you must have what is called a PAL. Possession, Acquisition License. In other words, no matter how you acquired the gun, if you have it in you possession, you have to have a license. No different than a carry permit and requires you to attend a similar course. If you are caught with a gun and you don't have a permit, you are breaking the law. No different than a person is required to have a drivers license to operate a car.

I know folks are up in arms at the THOUGHT that the government knowing you own a gun, but if you have a carry permit, they already know. No guns are registered in Canada (there was a brief period where that was the case, but it ended a while ago when they realized it changed nothing, and cost the country billions). But think of how many folks who are convicted of a felony, or have a legal restriction put on them to no longer own a gun, that still have them could be prevented. Think of these crazy assholes mentioned above that would not be allowed to possess a gun any longer. Kid has mental issues and can't get a permit. Dad can't give him a gun because the kid doesn't have a permit to own a gun. It stops situations like this. Sure it's not perfect, and real criminals will still get guns illegally, and own them illegally, but there are 2 major mass shooting that could have been prevented by this. This recent one, and Sandy Hook.
Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:53 pm

If the second amendment talked about the right to drive cars, I'd oppose drivers' licenses, too. Would-be mass-murderers will be thwarted by a permit? Not a chance.

Felons who want guns get them today.

I'd feel safer if lots more folks had guns, not fewer. I guarantee you the drunk thug that nearly pissed on me at the gas station while laughing at "the f'ng cracker" on the other side of the pump (in broad daylight) would've thought twice if he thought it likely I was packing.
Last edited by stang67 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:57 pm

Felons get guns if they want guns. I know this for a fact.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:21 pm

A piece of paper or a sign won't stop a crazy person bent on killing folks. If he didn't have a gun he would have used something else.
This kid for whatever reason hated blacks. Was his hatred from years being picked on?
Or was he just unstable from RX pills or dope. Whatever it was he is full of it.
He clearly didn't have god in his life.
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:26 pm

On another note. I have a 17 year old. This has done nothing but put a even bigger target on young white males.
Talk to your sons guys.

And our churches!
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:37 pm

ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:25 pm

Look at he big cities with the highest shooting related problems?? Chicago for instance. Do you think they all pass a background check????? Criminals and felons get guns easier than the ones trying to legally obtain them. Like drugs, if you want it you can get it. No law is going to work as long as guns are sold and they remain in circulation. They may make it harder for individual sales of firearms but they can't stop people from stealing so therefore the criminals will always have acsess to guns.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:41 am

fox news reported this morning that son purchased gun with 21st birthday money.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/19/su ... iends-say/

Such a tragedy.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:12 am

IF the US is the only place in the world these mass killings happen(according to bath house),, then I wonder what you call what these moozlems have done in several other countries by the thousands..

And I wonder how many were killed with US supplied weapons..

Guns don't kill people,, people kill people.
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:55 am

Support the Fair Tax!

Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:30 am

One of the most gun restrictive cities in America, Chicago, had 8 shootings the first day of June. My source is the Chicago Tribune and I've pasted the link. I haven't even counted how many have happened this month alone. So what does that say about gun laws and politicians? Why it guns control only spoke of when something like this happens. What about Obama linking civil rights to gun control. There are more questions than answers.

I do know one thing. People who are following the laws that are on the books now are not the problem. Maybe one of the instructors can answer this but how many shootings have happened in Mississippi where the shooter had a concealed carry permit? I've never heard of one. I do know that our constitution says gun ownership is a right. Since the constitution doesn't say anything about cars the Government considers that a privilege. It is much easier for the Government to regulate something that is a privilege than a right so as soon as we start eroding the definition everything goes to Hell in hand basket.

http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:15 am

duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Support the Fair Tax!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”