MS Ag & Forestry Expo Friday June 12

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
JMallard
Veteran

MS Ag & Forestry Expo Friday June 12

Postby JMallard » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:28 am

The Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum Foundation and Southern AgCredit will host the first annual Mississippi Ag and Forestry Expo on Friday, June 12. The Expo will take place from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at the Ag Museum.

During the expo, Mississippi State University Extension Service will present a number of landowner and producer seminars including:

• “MS Medallion Program Plants & Your Garden” by Dr. Gary Bachman
• “Poultry House Efficiencies and Economies of Scale” by Dr. Morgan Farnell & Dr. Tom Tabler
• “Natural Resource & Conservation Land Management” by Dr. Daryl Jones
• “Effective Wild Hog Control & Deer Management Nutrition” by Dr. Bronson Strickland
• “Hardwood Timber Management for Recreation and Income” by Dr. Andy Ezell
• “Farm Bill Program Overviews for Landowners” by Sam Franklin with Delta Wildlife

Other expo activities include exhibitor booths throughout the day in addition to a pop-up farmers market and catfish lunch beginning at 11:00 a.m. Farm safety demonstrations will be performed by Mississippi Farm Bureau, and Mississippi Ag will be on hand performing live tractor demonstrations and displaying state-of-the art farm equipment.

The expo is free to the public. For more information, “like” the Mississippi Agriculture & Forestry Museum on Facebook or call 601-432-4500. Beginning at 6:00 p.m. on June 12, there will be an outdoor concert benefitting the Ag Museum Foundation following last November’s fire featuring the popular, Knoxville-based band, The Black Lillies. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the gate, and only $1 for children 12 and under. Purchase advance tickets now at ardenland.net or at the Ag Museum
Did I kill that duck?...well yeah.
JMallard
Veteran

Re: MS Ag & Forestry Expo Friday June 12

Postby JMallard » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Bump
JMallard
Veteran

Re: MS Ag & Forestry Expo Friday June 12

Postby JMallard » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:43 pm

Southern Beverage beer garden tmrrw night. Find me at the expo tmrrw and I'll give you a beer tix.

MS Ag has a cool as heck gator that auto pilots itself for a demo.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”