Is war being waged against our law enforcement?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Is war being waged against our law enforcement?

Postby teul2 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:35 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Re: Is war being waged against our law enforcement?

Postby cwink » Wed May 20, 2015 8:54 am

I saw that story the other day too and unfortunately I think it will get worse. See this story
http://wreg.com/2015/05/19/mississippi- ... -officers/

In addition to the Tx Biker gangs also calling for hits on police..

I have always been of the opinion that as civilians we should only be defensive minded when it comes to personal protection. But if these types of event continue to happen I think LEO will have to change their tactics and maybe even go to 2 person patrols or at least have backup on scene. That will mean slower response times and we as civilians will have to be prepared for this..

There was an excellent article that I posted to my SafeFire Shooting facebook page today.
http://www.americanrifleman.org/article ... rspective/

The best quote from the article is "The person who hasn't planned and trained can be expected to take the “I can't believe this is happening to me” approach when faced with violence. The trained individual is more likely to take the position of “They told me this could happen and I know just what to do about it.”
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
BAY KINGFISHER
Duck South Addict

Postby BAY KINGFISHER » Wed May 20, 2015 11:16 am

I am so happy that they had the devices that remotely released the dog installed recently. I woke up to the news of this assault and panicked. My cousin is another of the K9 handlers in Hancock County, and I know he often patrols this same area at night. Todd, the officer who got attacked is a good guy, I am just so happy he survived, and that "Lucas" answered the call when released from the patrol car!! I will say it is really bad that our county doesn't have the funds to equip every patrol car with a dash cam!! Our officers deal with some of the worse element in the world because of our proximity to New Orleans, and we have the major drug corridor in the US, being I-10. The area where the officer was attacked is located in the Stennis Space center buffer zone on "Old Highway 90"; Pearlington being the closest town has no law enforcement other than sheriff patrols. Response time for this area is very slow!!

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/05/19/hancock-county-deputy-attacked/27571207/?fb_ref=Default
HRCH Mr. Buck's Delta Do "Dee" MH
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:17 am

No doubt it is time to go to two person patrols. The problem is that most PDs are short handed as it is because not many people want to put up with that kind of crap for low pay.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:29 am

I JPD Officer was randomly shot last week on Northside. There is intel out there about hits on cops by both black gangs as well as white, biker gangs.
BAY KINGFISHER
Duck South Addict

Postby BAY KINGFISHER » Wed May 20, 2015 11:37 am

Quote from linked article:

"We've been stressing this for months and months now. It's no different from last week we get a BOLO from the state alerting us that the Black Gangster Disciples have put out an SOS, or 'Shoot on Sight' for police officers," he said. "For a couple of months we've been preaching safety because we knew our location between New Orleans and on the I-10 corridor... it's going to happen here."
HRCH Mr. Buck's Delta Do "Dee" MH
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Wed May 20, 2015 12:39 pm

I saw Brandon PD pull a guy over last night for minor traffic stuff most likey, they were on 2 man patrol per vehicle. Sad sad days.
Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Wed May 20, 2015 12:54 pm

I hate to be the devil's advocate but some of the police is the reason this is happening. Treat people like crap is not part of Protecting and serving. Or taking advantage of the power they have...The problem goes two ways. Too much overstepping by a few has ruined it for the lot of police. Fire away, I'm sure this pisses some of you off because the truth normally does
Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed May 20, 2015 1:49 pm

http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Wed May 20, 2015 3:29 pm

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
merlebo05
Duck South Addict

Postby merlebo05 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:29 pm

adame
Duck South Addict

Postby adame » Wed May 20, 2015 5:09 pm

How about we just get rid of all police and watch the world burn, then wait and see how quick everyone will be calling for help. [JAPANESE OGRE]
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Yes there is a war. And it will only get worse. bath house sure isn't going to stop it. This summer is going to be ruff.
Anybody with a brain won't put up with this crap, and the good LE will be gone from lack of support, and I don't blame them.

This link is from Alex Jones, I know so don't even say it. But watch the video from a argument on the street.
Funny tho , some white peace loving fools got schooled on the black man.. They found out what we've known.
http://www.infowars.com/thug-tells-whit ... gonna-die/
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:18 pm

The problem with targeting biker gangs is that not all of them are criminal organizations. Some are just groups of good hearted people that like to hang out and ride together. I am sure they know which are which though.
rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Thu May 21, 2015 8:07 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”