Holland Grill

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Long Cut
Veteran

Holland Grill

Postby Long Cut » Tue May 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Just purchased a holland grill. Anyone that is familiar with them that knows any tips tricks secrets to getting the most out of one? I would much appreciate it. I understand how it works vs a normal grill but not sure how to adjust grilling techniques. Place I bought it from kept telling me that you crank the temp all the way up, leave the lid closed except to turn meat and basically forget about the meat. All help welcome. Thanks
bama.hunter
Regular

Re: Holland Grill

Postby bama.hunter » Tue May 19, 2015 8:24 pm

The only other thing is I can't get mine over 450-475, which makes searing a steak difficult. I've had mine for 2 years and defiantly keep it closed as much as possible, but aside from that enjoy.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Tue May 19, 2015 10:23 pm

yeah, Holland's aren't made for searing, period. Just steady temp, and time. Not my style, personally, but it is what it is.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Wed May 20, 2015 4:20 am

I'm on my 2nd one.................purchased first one back in 1997...
Read the manual...in the back of the book it tells how long to cook for different items/weight.
I dont follow directions though...i still look.
Mine goes way over 425 deg. though or my thermometer is jacked up :shock:
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:38 pm

mine has two smoke stacks for lack of better words, but I put foil over one of them and partially over the other.
It will get hot with less flame.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”