War Eagle Boats and Customer Service

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
woody
Veteran

War Eagle Boats and Customer Service

Postby woody » Mon May 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Well a few weeks ago I posted that I bought another boat. And I have but I am patiently waiting on it. Originally I was told by the dealer that he had one on order like the one I wanted and it would be about 3 weeks. Well it has been 6 weeks and still no boat.

I understand my issue with the dealer; however, I spoke with Nick (War Eagle rep) for MS and asked if I could get an estimate on completion date. He said he would jump on the gold cart and head out to check the status if the boat and let me know. And then I called Nick again. He was about to head to a meeting but would go check on it and let me after the meeting. Then I called another person at War Eagle to leave a message. No call back. Then I called Nick again last Thursday to check the status. He was headed to a meeting, would check and call after meeting. Guess what..... no call back again.

I have explained that I do not necessarily need it today, but would like to know an expected date so that I can plan a trip around the new boat. I still haven't heard anything except that sometimes War Eagle gets backed up on their "other orders" because John Ward (Owner and Ark Rep) likes to have his Ark customers served first.

I have owned War Eagles since I was 17 (well dad owned the first one, I just used it). I am about sick of the run around on simple answer to my question. Just seems like they would at least answer the simple question I have asked multiple times.

Semi rant over. Any suggestions or experience?

All I have seen and experienced with War Eagle is good. However, I am starting to feel like they are dropping the ball on this. My next $25k may be spent on another boat.
TODO
Duck South Addict

Re: War Eagle Boats and Customer Service

Postby TODO » Mon May 18, 2015 12:18 pm

I got a buddy that has been waiting on a new F&F since august. Maybe its just nature of the business
jmh600
Veteran

Postby jmh600 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Sounds like they need some competition...
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon May 18, 2015 12:47 pm

Wood, is it a custom boat or what? I figure they are mass producing them and not as hands on as they used to be. I be if you pull the old "you know what, lets just cancel it and I'll call Express to get it done" card, things might happen a little sooner.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
woody
Veteran

Postby woody » Mon May 18, 2015 2:27 pm

deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon May 18, 2015 3:21 pm

Why don't you just commission Yellowfin to build you an aluminum boat? I'd let you take me fishing then. :D
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Tue May 19, 2015 6:30 am

I don't get it anymore. if you say your going to call back - then call somebody back. if you say three weeks and its been 22 days - pick up the phone and call the customer and let them know whats going on.

If someone in sales or a sales rep can't call you back AFTER THEY SAY THEY ARE- then they are probably going to do a piss poor job of standing behind there products. I mean its there job to make sure the product gets sold....

If I were you I would cancel the order and find another boat.
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
three11
Veteran

Postby three11 » Tue May 19, 2015 8:45 am

woody
Veteran

Postby woody » Tue May 19, 2015 9:23 am

Well War Eagle responded within a couple hours yesterday. Had a lady call me. Wasn't really jazzed that they had someone else call me instead of the sales rep that I had been calling for a month. She told me they were really backed up, they had a bunch of orders come in at the same time, they have 400 boats waiting to be built, and that she was sorry no one got back to me sooner. She told me John Ward and Nick went to check on the boat and that it would be another three weeks efore it left their factory. So approximately 10 weeks to build a boat that is a standard model.

Sure I would have liked to have had this boat weeks ago or this week, but it doesn't look like that will happen. So I guess I got told to have a coke and smile and shut the heck up. Awesome. I will say this, if the boat isn't ready in three weeks I'm out.
Deltaduk
Veteran

Postby Deltaduk » Tue May 19, 2015 11:25 am

this is telling me that if I ever want to buy another boat, it probably will not be a war eagle. that is all BS
But I do love my 13 yr old F & F.
deltadawg9

Postby deltadawg9 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:30 am

I dealt with War Eagle about a year ago. Got the complete run around from a Nick thru Sales.
woody
Veteran

Postby woody » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:20 am

Well I am still without a boat, but I think I worked out a deal that has pacified me for the time being...After numerous phone calls, moaning and groaning, it got to the point where I noticed that WE will be coming out with their 2016 models in August-ish. I called my dealer and emailed WE to ask if there were any rebates or promotions that I could take advantage of since I ordered a 2015 boat in April, and we are approaching the release date of the 2016 models.

What I learned is that the 2016 models would be going up in price a little due to blah, blah, blah....I told them both that by the time I get the boat the 2016s will be out or I would have about a month of a new 2015 before it automatically lost value due to being a year old. So to rectify the situation WE or my dealer has worked something out to where I will get the 2016 boat at the price I ordered the 2015. I do not think there is any difference in the 2015 to the 2016 except the year model. So my guess is that WE will just put a 2016 serial number on the boat I ordered in April. To me I guess that will satisfy me and help me swallow the long wait for the boat I ordered. Apparently the boat should be delivered within the next couple weeks.

What do you guys think? Is that I good enough deal to make you stay with WE if you were in this situation?
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:41 am

I would not be staisfied with that but I tend to get a little over zealous when I think a company has done me wrong. I am currently arguing with AT&T for 4 days now.
kb7722
Veteran

Postby kb7722 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:41 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”