One Less Thug In Jackson

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
donia
Duck South Addict

Re: One Less Thug In Jackson

Postby donia » Wed May 20, 2015 8:26 am

don't go into someone's house that isn't yours with mal-intent...don't take something that isn't yours from someone else...don't "thug" (white, black, yellow, red or green...doesn't matter) and you won't have to worry about jail or being sentenced too harshly.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:33 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Wed May 20, 2015 8:35 am

Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Wed May 20, 2015 8:40 am

:idea: GuttaLife. Is that the urban equalivent of SaltLife? Raise'em right, Jackfria!

GuttaLife Dee is dead. Short live the GuttaLifers!
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed May 20, 2015 9:17 am

http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Wed May 20, 2015 10:58 am

cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed May 20, 2015 11:24 am

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:19 pm

word on the street is that the guy who got away is a jailer....

http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2015/0 ... ailer.html
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed May 20, 2015 2:53 pm

-George Washington
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Wed May 20, 2015 3:16 pm

I think it will be interesting in the long run to hear what he thought he did wrong and what he thought he did right in this situation from a self defense perspective.

I work from home and I always carry whenever I leave the house, but over the last few months I have started home carrying too.. Now I keep it on from Dawn till I get in bed for the night..[/quote]

lets say he did shoot the other one but he survived but is paralyzed. It is proven he was running away and was shot in the back and was no longer a threat and possibly he wasn't armed but the one that is dead was armed. How does this play out in the courtroom?? Remember this is Hinds county. The shooter ends up no longer being a victim especially when Al gets hold of it. Just wouldn't like my chances on that jury with all that's happening today. Someone has to be the sacrifice. Baltimore is a prime example. Just seems the criminals have more rights than honest folks these days.[/quote]

I do care what the law says, I hope I never have to be put in that situation. but I would have shot the 2nd dude, I don't care if he was 150 yds running away...

The criminal was a threat before he even kidnapped the guy - its obvious he was TARGETED - the criminals already knew where he lived, that he had a lot of money, and merchandise, and a big house - I mean there aren't any cheap houses on East over drive.

Since he was already targeted for being a successful person who live in a nice house - don't you think the other (still alive) gangster could possibly come back for revenge for you shooting his buddy "Gutta Life Dee"??

I don't know about yall, But I am not looking over my shoulder the rest of my days,

I couldn't sleep at night know the same people that stuck a gun to my head and robbed me blind was out there potentially targeting the house where my family sleeps......AGAIN The thugs already mentioned what they would do to his wife..... and they obviously aren't scared to follow though with there intentions - I mean the robbed a competition pistol shooter who was armed on his way to the gun range..........[/quote]

Two issues here to deal with

First, yes there may be some legal issues if you shoot a fleeing felon in the back (see the police officer case in SC). In a case like this.. if you did kill the 2nd suspect you would most likely face legal challenges. Even if you were not sent to jail, the cost of the legal fees would most likely be more than the criminals would have ever gotten in the robbery.. So shooting the second suspect may have been a bigger financial blow to you than the robbery..

Second, shooting a moving target with a short barreled pistol under extreme duress is not easy to do (even if you are a competition shooter). Most people (even experienced hunters) can not hit center mass on a stationary pistol target at 15 yards. Hit percentages on defensive shooting are in 20% range even a to close distances.. Most people never see their sights because they are so focused on the threat.. If you shoot 10 times and only hit 20% of the time that means that 8 bullets are whizzing past your threat and landing somewhere else.. If one of those bullets hits another innocent bystander while you are shooting at a fleeing suspect you can bet you will likely be behind bars..

The purpose of any defensive shooting is to first protect life, 2nd protect property, and third don't do anything stupid to get yourself in further legal or financial trouble..

I think this Dr. did all of that...[/quote]

That was my point to a tee. The guy running away was no longer a "threat" in a hinds county court. In rankin county I wouldn't hesitate. I know in the hear of the moment and after what that guy went through you would wanna empty every bullet you had in them but after all that has happened lately in other places and seeing how the system works it's easy to see how shooting a fleeing person that has committed a crime can turn out. In just about all the cases this year the criminals have had a long wrap sheet but after the left media gets it they turn the tables on the ones that common sense people think acted correctly. The cops in Baltimore are basically the sacrificial lambs for stuff that's happened lately and that is sad because there is no way they would get a fair trial in Baltimore.

My point is the system in hinds county would greatly be against you from the start. Time and time again you see criminals families on the news complaining how rough the cops were to them etc etc just after they robbed someone. Add the tension now with all that's going on in the world and you could see how you could be in the same spot as the cops in Baltimore. Your are now quilty until you pay enough to try and convince a jury of your peers.....and by peers don't bet on many east over residents being on that jury, that you are innocent. This world is getting more screwed up every day and I am scared what my child will face in 20 years.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:33 pm

Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:10 am

I'll post one more time on felony murder, being that if you're involved in committing a felony and your partner in crime dies, then you will be responsible for his death even if you didn't kill him.

The reason for this rule is to deter people from committing felonies. The problem I have with it, is that it doesn't deter people from committing felonies because the average person DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT IT. Shoot, a lot of people are learning about it for the first time from reading this thread. When a lot of people find out about it, it's because something happened and they just got 25 years to life added to their already long sentence. That's not a deterrent, that's just a longer sentence tacked on to someone who already committed a crime.

Second, it removes personal responsibility from the equation, and I think most everyone here is a proponent of a man being responsible for his own actions. If thug #1 gets killed in the act of a felony, it's not thug #2's fault. It's thug #1's fault. Gutta got what he had coming because he made a bad decision (several actually) not because his buddy made a bad decision.

You know what is a deterrent to committing a felony? Kidnapping a guy and possibly getting killed for it.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Rfjeff9
Regular

Postby Rfjeff9 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:37 pm

I know details on this. He was justified, I am just amazed he didn't kill both from what I have heard.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small child than to fumble this football" - John Heisman
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:03 pm

cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Fri May 22, 2015 10:21 am

-George Washington

Return to “General Discussion Forum”