Shallow water Carp fishing around Jackson right now?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
duramax
Duck South Addict

Shallow water Carp fishing around Jackson right now?

Postby duramax » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:05 pm

I'll be in town this weekend it appears, and I've wanted to try and sight fish for carp with my fly rod in the shallows when the water floods from the Pearl or surrounding areas. I'm not sure if it's backing up below the spillway right now, but that was going to be my first spot to look unless someone wants to be kind enough to point me in the direction of another spot I could find them (wade fishing most likely since I won't be bringing my boat down).

Feel free to PM me if there is another spot I should try if you don't want to share publicly.
Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Re: Shallow water Carp fishing around Jackson right now?

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Duramax,

I've been tearing them up in my uncle's lake with the long rod. The lake is located in Louisville, MS- bout 1:45 from Jackson.

He put over 150 in there and now he wants them out. You can sight fish for them or throw some feed in, shoot them with 22's whatever your preference. The only thing is, every carp you catch CANNOT go back in.

If you are looking for action other than the Rez and don't mind a drive, pm me and I will get you a key.

-Austin
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:02 am

There are no common carp in the Pearl River. Or at least none that I am aware of and I've sample it in a bunch of places. Plenty of other rough fish, but no common carp.

Pond
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Postby Blake Williamson » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:50 am

Austin if he comes and yall run out of fish there take him to Robert Taylors place there is a bunch in there to he wants out.
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:07 am

Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:14 pm

I have never seen one in the Ross Barnett or the Pearl River. Also, I a gentleman that I worked with at MS DEQ that has sampled the Pearl and Barnett for 20 years has never seen one. However, they are in Crystal Lake a no longer connected oxbow of the Pearl River.

There are plenty of grass carp and bigmouth buffalo though.

Rob
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Postby Blake Williamson » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:54 pm

Well they in the upper Pearl I know for a fact bc I've pulled two off a arrow myself......
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict

Postby Blake Williamson » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:21 am

Up around the Nania Waiya area.......
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff

Return to “General Discussion Forum”