Truck prices

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Re: Truck prices

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:08 am

Dad paid $46K for his Z71 in 2014.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:15 am

Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:23 am

Last edited by Wildfowler on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
TODO
Duck South Addict

Postby TODO » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:01 am

I bought a 14 SLE 4 x 4, not Z71, for about 35,500 in November. It stickered at 45 or so. There were several good rebates going at the time.
REBEL DUCK
Duck South Addict

Postby REBEL DUCK » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:17 am

I understand you want a house to appreciate just like he wants his money in stock market to make money but neither is guaranteed.
Get in where you fit in!
rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:33 am

Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:40 pm

Rice
Duck South Addict

Postby Rice » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:05 pm

Almost every vehicle will qualify for 0% at 36 months and some I have seen even 72 months. Why pay cash and use my money when I could use the banks. That's not the point I know but you're right trucks are crazy high now days but most also have a $#!+ ton of rebates also.
A man who won't has no advantage over the man who can't.
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:36 pm

Good stuff here but Ima tell to the real reason prices are through the roof.

Government Regulation and Personal Litigation.

Yall remember all that rollover stuff from the early 2000's? Well, turns out people couldn't tell their tires were low and it increased the possibility of rollover. Government solution=tire sensors=$100x4+hardware in vehicle.

Emissions standards from the late 90's brought you 3 catalytic converters at $800 apiece per car. No wonder many older units have them removed.

What about stuck accelerator pedals because of faulty floor mat recalls? Po man solution=remove floor mat. Government solution=Recall vehicles and replace pedal.

Ignition switch turning to off position due to excessive amount of keys etc of key ring? Po man solution= take all that shyt off your key ring. Government solution=Recall keys and glue insert into key and replace big ring with small ring(which you then attach your old key ring with the 18 keys and 4 vacation resort thingies and yer gym,kroger,sams club card, mace spray, flashlight, bottle opener, etc etc etc.)

Spare tire over/under inflated??? Po man solution=check that shyt. Government solution=bring it to dealer and make them check that shyt.

I could go on and on about these recalls, but the fact is, many are bs and just there to protect car makers from potential litigation. In fact, there are costs built into the sticker price of your new vehicle to help recover the company the expense of future recalls and unforeseen technical glitches (aka warranty issues)that may arise with the release of a new platform.

But if you want to know THE NUMBER 1 REASON NEW VEHICLES ARE SO EXPENSIVE, check out the Government's crash test safety ratings. Just an airbag deployment alone is enough to total many cars on the road today. Even if it's just a minor crash. If you're looking for an economical vehicle, just find something with a horrible crash safety rating.....
Where'd who go?
kb7722
Veteran

Postby kb7722 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:48 am

teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:06 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Postby Wildfowler » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:06 am

I just came out of the Stihl dealer because I needed to replace the primer bulb on my weedeater that I bought 15 years ago. Before I walked in the door I had a preconceived notion of what I would be purchasing based on experiences with other companies and their marketing strategies. I assumed I would be buying a complete assembly to replace the cracked bulb and was pleasantly surprised when the clerk handed me (right off the top of his sales counter not Hidden deep within the bowels of some mysteriously categorized parts bin that require 20 minutes of cross-referencing, part verifications to identify the location, but that's another but that's another rant for later) No the clerk told me to simply unscrew the mounting plate pop the old bulb out, pop this one in and I'd be good to go.

I would love to have more private companies that we could purchase big ticket items from similar to the Stihl company. Have you ever looked at the carburetor on a stihl weedeater? Talk about simplicity.

Yes, I could've bought a cheaper gas powered trimmer way-back-when, but I know it would not have been as reliable over the years and there's no way a publicly traded company would have allowed the consumer to purchase such an inexpensive part to make a simple repair. And there's no way a publicly traded company would Allow the consumer to purchase such an inexpensive part to make a simple repair. I would have been forced to purchase a considerably more expensive "assembly" which would have surely cost me 25 to 30% of the original purchase price?

That's the problem with publicly traded companies, they have a duty to increase their shareholders value. Which means they have these exorbitant marketing departments that come up with all sorts of creative ways to increase the bottom line.

I am certainly not anti-business. It just seems that in today's world, business has become anti-consumer.

Rant off. But we do need more private companies like Stihl Who is probably the world's leader in sales of handheld power tools. And to top it off the price of their power tools really has not increased much at all over the last 15 years. You sure can't say that about GMC pick up trucks.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:49 am

Hang on to your old stihl trimmers. The new ones aren't like the old ones. Modular and such. Feels like a space ship.
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:40 pm

Some actually buy nice trucks so they can take the full tax deduction all in one year. Why not buy a new truck on 36 or 48 month 0% interest and keep from giving a good bit to uncle sam to turn around and give to somebody to go by filets to feed to their dogs.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue May 05, 2015 8:56 am

Nobody owes you anything.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”