Starkville area contractor

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:53 am

I'm needing to talk with someone in the Starkville area for a remodel job. Talking total gut and redo, including some additional brick
work. Most builders in Starkville are way to high for my liking so if anyone knows someone closer to Mathison, Eupora or even Winona
that's willing to travel to the Maben area for a remodel please let me know who you know. Need someone that will do a good job in a
reasonable amount of time and won't get pissy when I say I'm supplying all the material for the job, will be doing some of the subbing
out and will quote just labor costs for the things I need him to work on. Also needs to be licensed. Licensed part is a must (required by lender)
How do you like your Hope and Change?
JDgator
Duck South Addict

Re: Starkville area contractor

Postby JDgator » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:21 am

So you want someone who is good, fast, licensed & insured, and cheaper than average?
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:41 pm

No, I want someone that IS avg cost. Local (Starkville) builders are well above average. Maybe not all of them but all the ones I've heard of are. Spec houses here are being built for over $145 a sq foot. Builder grade, not fancy finishes. That's about $50/sq foot over avg. And, I don't require them to be licensed, but the bank that is forking over the money does so that narrows my list.
How do you like your Hope and Change?
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:51 pm

he's looking in the right areas...just outside of the bubble the prices are average, which seems really inexpensive compared to those working inside city limits (and all of the lake, pond and trail communities popping up just outside city limits). same can be said for landscape contracting, for the most part.

*don't have a number, but may try the hensons out of west point. they do solid work and heard they are reasonable, if they're available.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:06 pm

Kenny Fulgham - I believe he actually lives in the Maben/Mathisto/sturgis triangle. Contact Bell Bldg if you can't find a number for him. He stays pretty busy though.
"I'd like to be remembered among my closest waterfowling friends (if I am remembered at all) for how I hunted them - not how many I killed" - [Jay Strangis]

Return to “General Discussion Forum”