Panama City Beach

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Panama City Beach

Postby bigoak » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:02 am

I will not allow my kids to go there when they get older. What must be done to fix it?
donia
Duck South Addict

Re: Panama City Beach

Postby donia » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:25 am

Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:51 pm

It sucks for PCB and the folks that have invested down there. My family spent numerous trips there when I was triathlon training and racing. I liked it, although we were never there during spring break. We were there b/w May and Nov. Never had a bad experience. Plenty of stuff for kids to do, mall just south of town, state park on North Side and a short drive to Grayton Beach. We could always get condo's for reasonable prices unlike OB, GS or Destin. We were in Orange Beach three weeks ago and will be in Gulf Shores in May for soccer. That being said if I have to go on a vacation I would head to Panama City in a heartbeat during the summer time.

The side affect of PCB shutting down spring break in their town is that as MS alreadys promotes black spring break, all these kids and the trouble they bring will be headed our way.
Peewee
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:55 pm

I can't unsee some of the images that I saw last weekend at black spring break 2015. Things hanging out of places where things shouldn't be.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:29 pm

yankee
Veteran

Postby yankee » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:58 am

Panama City made the national news this morning. They are going to have to back it off, and legislate enough so that it becomes somewhat unnatractive-or the area will suffer just by reputation. My kids will never see a spring break there.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:25 am

From the images I have seen, there is something different now about spring break than when I was in college in the 1990s. Can't put my finger on it. :roll:
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:11 am

Yep Deltamud the demographics have changed and it is about to happen to Destin. If they keep the drinking ban (on the beach in March and April) they just enacted then that will run a lot of people off. Getting rid of the concerts and house parties would help. Shutting the clubs down earlier would help. A larger law enforcement presence would help. The property rental companies also have to play a role.
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:49 am

During a recent spring break trip to Panama City, my college-age cousin got robbed and the hell beat out of him by three guys that are not Republicans. His jaw was broken and he has been through two surgeries. Thank goodness he will be okay, and hopefully will enjoy future spring breaks in the turkey woods.
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:15 am

Look at how society has changed as a whole since we were kids. Your parents held you accountable more than not. Drug scene wasn't near what it is now. Christians are being pushed out of everything and gays and lesbians are the cool thing now. The laws now favor the criminals instead of the police so their hands are tied...kinda like the war etc with the military having so many rules they can't ever win without going over a checklist to ensure they won't be jailed. Girls are being drugged at an alarming rate and being sexually assaulted while onlookers do nothing??? Oh I forgot they did film it. That brings me to the biggest change.....everything you do now is recorded and forever on the net. From hamsters being bitten to rape to fights. I have a 2 yr old daughter and I can't imagine what the world will be like when she is 18. God help us all!!!!,
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
JDgator
Duck South Addict

Postby JDgator » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:02 pm

Club La Vela, 1997. MTV. Miracle Strip Amusement Park. Shipwreck Island. Panama City Beach was the place to be. I lost something over there that I was OK losing. :wink:
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
JDgator
Duck South Addict

Postby JDgator » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:54 pm

cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:16 am

Had similar issues in Padre Island back in the late 80s a few people got shot and ran over during a brawl, they shut the beach down and didn't allow any alcohol for a while, we stopped going there and went to South Padre Island where we party on the beach during the day and then drive about 20 mins to Brownsville walk across the border and party in Matamoros Mexico at night. So PCB may solve their issue be changing the laws, but the issue will just move to a new town..
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:30 am

thinking about taking the wife and kid there next spring break.

all I can say is TNS........
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."

Return to “General Discussion Forum”