Water in fuel tank question

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
sadie1
Veteran

Water in fuel tank question

Postby sadie1 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:32 pm

During hunting season I had to replace a fuel pump on a polaris ranger. I just went to pick it up a couple of weekends ago from hunting camp because of rising river and evidently I didnt screw the gas cap all the way on when I replaced the fuel pump.(i remember taking it off before i put on pump to make sure it had gas...). Anyway, it hadnt been cranked since then, and i had to cross a ditch that the water came up to the gas cap and water poured in the tank and it obviously shut off. My question is what all do i need to do now that water has entered the system? I know i need to drain the gas tank, but what all else to I need to drain, and/or replace before I crank it back up? Thanks
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Re: Water in fuel tank question

Postby MudHog » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:19 pm

drain the tank, drain the carb, might want to pull the spark plug boot off the plug and blow it out with air. Check your oil to make sure no water got in through the vent tubes.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero

Return to “General Discussion Forum”