DS computer guru question, please.....

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
dukluk
Duck South Addict

DS computer guru question, please.....

Postby dukluk » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:16 pm

I live in the boondocks, and got Dish satellite internet service....they allow me 15 gigs of data per month, which usually will last me the entire month, when I use my pc sparingly.

After they downloaded the gigs to my pc on April 2nd, all 15 gigs were totally used up within three hours....nobody was even home, during that time, so is something being downloaded to my pc, without my knowledge???....how do I check to see if something is running???

Thanks.
Dux Be Us
Duck South Addict

Re: DS computer guru question, please.....

Postby Dux Be Us » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:34 pm

Get to add/remove pragrams and see if something has been installed recently
" You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
booger
Veteran

Re: DS computer guru question, please.....

Postby booger » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:57 am

Me no guru, only computer caveman, but I have/had similar issue. I have satellite internet too (Hughes) so I also watch my bandwidth. I purchased a wireless Brother printer, somehow it constantly uses bandwidth (superphishing??) whenever it is turned on. Not 15gigs worth though.

Does dish offer a usage summary by day & hour? That's how I tracked it down, turned off one piece of electronics at a time. Even the smart phones with WIFI had to be dealt with.

Do you have a house WIFI set-up or hard wired? 'Cause a neighbor could steal your band width, kid on a bicycle etc.? If you are hard wired with the computer(s) off, something is crazy wrong, IMO.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”