Driveway Erosion Control Structure

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
vern3
Veteran

Driveway Erosion Control Structure

Postby vern3 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:01 pm

Checking to see if anyone has any ideas or pics of structures they have
built to keep water from eroding around drainage pipes on driveway
Can't just put bags of sacrete as it has to be wife approved, any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Vernon
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Re: Driveway Erosion Control Structure

Postby landscaper » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Don't have any pictures but have done dry stacked field stone and even dry stacked brick. The small stackable retaining wall blocks from Lowes/Home Depot work really well too. If you're pretty handy at building forms a concrete headwall and inlet is probably best functionally but not quite as nice looking.
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:45 pm

40# rip rap
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:45 pm

Brick or stone is about the only option. We have a very bad problem with erosion that crossed our 1/4 mile driveway. It was so bad that adding stone or brick just moved the erosion problem further up the road. We ended up having to built a series of terraces to redirect the water flow over that entire area of about 30 acres. This has been over 30 years ago and as a teenager I really couldn't vision what they were doing with the bulldozers but when they finished the water drained through an entirely different area. Pretty cool how they had it mapped out.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
BBR12
Veteran

Postby BBR12 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:11 pm

The county put me a culver in where it was already state aide with a concrete drainage ditch. They put big limestone/rip rap rock on the uphill side. I went back with a few sacks of quick crete and mixed up and put around them to keep it from washing around them. I also took the atv sprayer and would wet an area that I though may wash and shake some quick crete on it and then wet it down some more. These areas do not have any traffic on them and so far its holding up pretty good.
HR Reid's Shasta Daisy

aka Choclabs

Return to “General Discussion Forum”