Constitutional Carry in Mississippi

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Re: Constitutional Carry in Mississippi

Postby Deltamud77 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Veteran

Postby 1010 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:13 pm

Dudley brown is as far right as you can get, radical would be a better term! So to compared to brown Gipson is a sheep!
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:40 pm

http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:00 pm

This may strike a some people, but I am not opposed to constitutional carry for the most part. The people like me, and that I am around for the most part, and like the people I grew up with, know how to handle a gun better than the thugs they would probably be used against. Then there are the urban warriors who think if you arent dressed daily in "tacti cool" gear and have 50-11 classes and learnin under your belt, you dont deserve to carry. Then there are the thugs and DB's who will openly carry "just because you can". Im 50/50 on the deal but know for me, if I want to carry, I will. I carried a long time before there was such a big deal to having your ccw permit then I got it just to be safe.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:00 pm

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:46 am

cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:45 am

Attachments
Shoulder.jpg
Shoulder.jpg (7.47 KiB) Viewed 138 times
chip.jpg
chip.jpg (10.47 KiB) Viewed 138 times
starbucks-AR-carry.jpg
-George Washington
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:16 am

Veteran

Postby 1010 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:21 am

Did Target put up no gun signs or just request that customers not bring there guns in the store.
And in GA, several folks were robbed in parking lots from this store request according to WND.
It's plenty of other chain stores that didn't follow Target. And not a surprise that target is not managed by anti-gun folks..
It's quite clear gun free zones doesn't work..

As for the shoulder holster, I have that very rig and consider it just as safe to others as any other holster that I have.
The trigger is covered from any possible operation by an object. It's plenty of others that must love it as well since its so popular from the reviews I've read.. I haven't read about folks dying from the rig either.

Those other pics,, well I don't agree with what they are doing,, BUT I understand,,
and I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bath water..

The 2nd is why we're here and why we'll be here tomorrow.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:06 am

-George Washington
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:00 pm

I can come up with all kinds of BS scenario's that would make any holster seem not safe from muzzle sweep or negligence discharge..
I seriously doubt folks are just going to be standing around behind me when somebody is committing a crime that would warrant me to pull out my weapon.

Before I even got that shoulder rig I could see what you are referring to. Anybody can.. And I make adjustments because of the angle of the weapon so unsuspecting people are not right behind me on that side.
Like I said folks are not dying from this shoulder rig, can you name one instance? How many instances can you name with IWB?
If a person places their finger on the trigger after its been removed it's not the holsters fault,, regardless of the holster. geezz..
And if they make the first mistake of placing their finger on the trigger from poor technique then muzzle sweep won't bother them either.

Women CC in their purse bothers me more than a shoulder rig.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:16 pm

-George Washington
Veteran

Postby 1010 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:13 pm

I'm going to admit something here, that is just my choice,, so spare me the lecture,, I've had the debate and read others debate it as well.
I don't carry with one in the pipe ever! So I carry a useless weapon to some. The striker fire weapons scare me plain and simple..
The first weapon I purchased was a 5906 with a UM leather vertical shoulder rig back in 1988. I wore this many miles on a horse, Hondas, and tractors. All day long and never was glad at the end of the day to take it off. This gun still looks new and is a safe queen and IMO is one of the safest weapons ever..

One other note I would never holster a striker weapon in my shoulder rig with out taking it off first and certainly never with one in the pipe.

Now I've got a G23 and a M&P9c with thumb safety, that are my go to guns. The IWB is miserable for me but I CC like this in the summer..
And I just can't bring my self to OWB carry except at the range..
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:33 pm

-George Washington

Return to “General Discussion Forum”