UTV seed spreader

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
DoublePslayer
Veteran

UTV seed spreader

Postby DoublePslayer » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:33 am

Anybody got one that they really like? I'm looking for one that will hold around 150lbs of fertilizer/seed, and can be either pull type or on that mounts on the rack/receiver hitch. Price range -$400.
De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites
Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything." Harry S. Truman
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: UTV seed spreader

Postby Wildfowler » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:58 am

I've used one like this on several occasions and it works very well.

http://www.equipmentbarn.net/images/D/KKATVSpreader.gif

I've also got one of those Moultrie spreaders that has a barrel about the size of a 5 gallon bucket or so. I think the literature claims it will hold 100 pounds but I don't think you actually can fit 100 pounds of wheat into the hopper. Too bulky. But otherwise I like the Moultrie very much.

Put several bags in the back of your ATV and you can roll it out pretty quick with the Moultrie.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:14 am

i have this one. it has a variable speed controller that is nice for narrow lanes (controls how wide of a swath it throws the material). throws seeds great, but if you overload it with fertilizer the motor can't turn the agitator inside very well with the heavier material. it will hold 100lbs or 2 bags.

http://www.utvtools.com/products-atv/fi ... ms-12v.htm

if you have a good bit of area to cover, and it is somewhat smooth, go with the pull type...holds more and no motor to worry about since it is friction driven.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
duckbuster330
Veteran

Postby duckbuster330 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:41 am

[quote="donia"]i have this one. it has a variable speed controller that is nice for narrow lanes (controls how wide of a swath it throws the material). throws seeds great, but if you overload it with fertilizer the motor can't turn the agitator inside very well with the heavier material. it will hold 100lbs or 2 bags.

http://www.utvtools.com/products-atv/fi ... ms-12v.htm

I have this same one. Had to modify it for my Ranger so that you could just sit it in the lock n ride holes on the bed and have a turnbuckles that hooks up to the tie downs in the bed. Like donia said it is great for narrow lanes. I also have the pull type and like it too.
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
- Mark Twain

Return to “General Discussion Forum”