Mississippi Politics - Discussion

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
lilham
Veteran

Re: Mississippi Politics - Discussion

Postby lilham » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:50 pm

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson
kb7722
Veteran

Postby kb7722 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:57 pm

deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:32 pm

Exactly, weed will not fix the major problem in MS, and its not racism when its the truth. The drains on our society are those that dont care to or will not work, yet take most of the benefit the working class pays for. THAT is the real problem with this state and country and no amount of weed will fix it. And Ive tried it once and im not sure if I am 100% for it being legalized.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
3spop
Veteran

Postby 3spop » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:00 pm

sab316
Veteran

Postby sab316 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:55 am

I love Mississippi. I chose to stay here over going to Denver, or going to Georgia for job offers. I chose to go to Mississippi State. The reason I say those things is because we're so far behind the curve its not even funny. We're not a desirable place for many jobs. Our public schools are a joke for the most part among many other things. I want to see this state thrive as much as anyone else. Just because I'm not staunch right wing conservative to my bones, doesn't mean I don't love this state. That's another thing wrong with this Political system we're in, there is no middle ground. Just like earlier in this thread... I was called a liberal because maybe I support a few things they push for. Yet I support gun ownership, getting people off welfare and food stamps etc etc. BUT because I support one of the things they do, I'm a damned atheist lefty out to get the hard working southern man.

I don't think weed legalization is the fix for all problems, but I think it could seriously put the right foot forward in getting Mississippi back on track. It creates jobs, gives farmers another source of revenue along with the numerous benefits. Helps with glaucoma, helps people with seizures, helps cancer patients dealing with radiation, helps with multiple sclerosis, helps people with Chron's disease, reduces inflammation and helps with arthritis, and helps with PTSD to name a few.

If people want to say cannabis is a gateway drug, then you need to start with alcohol. So lets go back to the 1920's and start back up prohibition. Oh wait? You like to partake in a whiskey drink or a beer? Well guess what, last year 2,200 people died of alcohol poisoning. You know how many people have died from Marijuana overdose since the beginning of time? ZERO.

Also the white old men reference is because we're stuck in the past. Its 2015. This will also have me called a liberal because I don't think the same way as most of you do, but gay marriage... WHO CARES. It's not your life. It affects you in ZERO WAYS. Most people on the right side will say, "By God, the government can't tell me I can't have my guns!!!" but in the same breath you want the government to say that a gay couple can't marry. I have gay friends, and you know what? They are as normal as you and I.

Yes racism goes both ways, and yes some black people feel entitled for nothing. But I've been around too many people calling my best friend the N word, without knowing a single thing about him because of the color of his skin. I've seen the guy go out of his way and help an old lady with her groceries. I've seen him spend his time with the 4k and 5k'ers just because he could. I've seen him run across the street to help my mom carry bags inside the house among numerous other things. BUT ignorant people, and I'm sure a few on this board, would call him the N word because of his skin.

Being stuck in old ways is what is holding MS back.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:23 am

Peewee
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:23 am

http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
sab316
Veteran

Postby sab316 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:54 am

JDgator
Duck South Addict

Postby JDgator » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Mississippi and Alabama are falling further behind because they aren't innovative. There are very few tech start-ups or successful incubators. The young, creative people leave after graduation. They feel stifled. They move to more liberal places like Boston, Atlanta, Austin or even Memphis.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:53 pm

chevy01234
Duck South Addict

Postby chevy01234 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:20 pm

JDgator
Duck South Addict

Postby JDgator » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:51 pm