Ask DS GPS Unit

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Ask DS GPS Unit

Postby Blake Williamson » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:36 am

Guys I'm looking for something to go in my boat thats not no $1000 unit that is good. As much hell as I put my boat through (with limbs and trees coming in the boat) I would hate to put more then about $300-$500 in a unit at tops. $150 would be dam good! I don't care much for the sonar part I just want a good GPS unit. What yall recommend?

And I'm not a fan of hand helds! I've bought three and hated every one of em bc the small screens I rather use my phone!
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
stang67
Duck South Addict

Re: Ask DS GPS Unit

Postby stang67 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:45 am

I'm not sure what you describe exists. That's awfully inexpensive.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:48 am

for duck hunting, it's hard to beat a good hand held in a RAM mount. I use a Garmin 62st, but yeah its a small screen. You might think about the touch screen units. Montana units have a 4" screen as opposed to 2.6" on a 62S. That would be about the same as an iPhone.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Postby Blake Williamson » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:06 am

Mine main use for one is when we go to Tx and La when we get in the bay tring to drive a straight line and no land marks to line up on and dam Iphone jumps around so bad by time it's all over with your 10 mile run has turned into a 14 mile run.

Lowrance HDS series anyone had any dealings with them much?
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff

Return to “General Discussion Forum”