boot & shoe recommendation

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Greenhead329
Veteran

boot & shoe recommendation

Postby Greenhead329 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:44 pm

I'm needing some recommendations for some shoes and boots with a good arch support and lots of cushion. .I have a bad back and being on my feet all day at work kills me.

I've heard good things about Merrell ..? Anyone with experience
what about georgia boot or rocky
All I know is... A wise rooster don't bury his head when a chicken hawk is around...he keeps his eyes on his chickens

Dude...Why'd you make the homeless guy pay for supper?
Duck$$$
Veteran

Re: boot & shoe recommendation

Postby Duck$$$ » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:50 pm

Doc Marten
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:12 am

I am on my feet at work all day and I wear merrels. They are extremely comfortable and have good support. As far as boots i like the ariat work hogs. Get you some good insoles and that will help a lot too. I have not tried the thing at Wal mart that fits you with a certain insole but my brother in law swears by it.
COONDOG
Veteran

Postby COONDOG » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:24 am

I have wore Justin, RedWing, Ariat, and a couple other brands of boots. BY FAR the most comfortable for me have been John Deere boots.
They fit me great and wear like tennis shoes. My only complaint with them is the inside of the boot wears out before the rest of the boot.
I also have Merrels for wearing around the house. Love them too.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:33 am

I wore Merrels for years, still have one pair, but if you want an awesome work shoe get Sperry Gold. It will cost you about $150 but it will last several times longer than the Merrels. As far as boots there is no one size fits all, its different strokes for different folks but I have a pair of Danners that I love.
Peewee
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:57 am

Georgia Boots are the best work boot I have ever worn. I finally wore my last ones out and will be getting new ones for the spring.
Nobody owes you anything.
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:16 am

Merrels are a very comfortable shoe for me. If you want a good slip on work boot that wears like a tennis shoe out of the box get some Double H's. Most of them are still made in America. Red Wings are also a very good american made boot, just not as comfortable as Double H's to me. Ariat, georgia, john deere, and rocky i think are 100% chinese. This may not be a big deal to you, but i prefer american made goods when available these days.
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
MrGoodtime
Veteran

Postby MrGoodtime » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:57 pm

Georgia boots are the way to go, as for shoes, they are ugly as sin, but mason shoes are the ticket for a bad back.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”