legal question

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
levi127
Duck South Addict

legal question

Postby levi127 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:17 am

Last night I was wrongly terminated from my job. I honestly became a whistle blower to HR 3 weeks ago. They came to town and discovered some employees came fourth an confirmed information I provided that laws were broken, unethnical practices and more. I told HR this exact thing would happen once it came out and to expect it. within 2 weeks it happened. Now HR is telling me to report back to work when they tell me to. I was in management there also.
Any attorney on here able to speak on this with me? Dont know the laws but this happened in Memphis.
thank you
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Re: legal question

Postby jacksbuddy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:37 pm

Will one of you legal eagle fellas please help this guy out? I have a friend who could very easily be in a similar situation so I'd like to hear your input as well. Thanks.
Nobody owes you anything.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:45 pm

I'm no lawyer, but I did drive past a Holiday Inn Express today.
Mississippi is a "right to work" state. To my knowledge, an employer can terminate an employee for any reason. as long as it is not an illegal reason (race, age, sex, ethnicity, etc).
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:53 pm

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:58 pm

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
slayem
Veteran

Postby slayem » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:41 pm

Think he works in tn, but aren't they the same way?
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:07 pm

Yes I work in TN.
yes they gave me a reason, bullying and making 2 ppl feel threatened about new tasks and time changes basically. Which I was the whistle blower on about 6 different things which 1 did pertain to federal and state laws. Ive been there 10 yrs and never 1 complaint or issue before. once HR came in town and spoke with employees they discovered I was giving them exact information. So then everything was relayed to upper management. I was not included to see exactly what was told. Then all of this came to after HR left when I told them this exact thing would happen once they were gone but didnt know what the reason would be. Now its happened and came to and I was released in what I feel as revenge against me. This exact thing happened to other 2 employees that went to HR as well. HR and corporate ppl were to call me today but never heard a word.
Luckily a member here is helping me with it all.
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:34 am

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:57 am

Nobody owes you anything.
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:16 am

There are specific laws that protect whistle blowers in any state. MS and TN are both right to work states and you technically CAN be fired for no reason, however if they don't give a reason, or give a BS reason, there are lawyers in MS and TN that still do wrongful termination suits that go beyond race/sex/religion. I know a couple teachers (non-union teachers as well) who were wrongly terminated and hired lawyers in the Memphis area to get their situation cleared up. It sounds like you have found attorney help on the matter. Hope it works out, and let us know how it shakes out.
Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:37 am

Just a suggestion: this is a Tennessee case and you need to consult an attorney licensed in Tennessee.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”