Sons of LIberty

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
gator
Duck South Sponsor

Sons of LIberty

Postby gator » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Been enjoying this History Channel three part series....anyone else catch it?

gator
HRCH Eight Gauge - Gauge (see you on the bridge buddy)
HRCH Eight Gauge's Mountain Man - Trapper
woody
Veteran

Re: Sons of LIberty

Postby woody » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:25 pm

Yes, but not sure if it accurately portrays certain people. But either way ive enjoyed it.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:52 am

Yep. Watched all three episodes.. I wonder if Sam Adams really had that much to do with it or not?. But now I know why John Hancock is a financial services group and Sam Adams is a beer company.. :D :D :D.

It makes want to dig into each person a little more to understand how involved they really were..
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:51 am

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
woody
Veteran

Postby woody » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:29 am

Anyone think the commercials seemed longer than the show intervals? I did. Felt like they strung two commercial segs in b/w each part.
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:27 am

Watched all three episodes just because it was pretty good. It was definitely not historically accurate. Looked like since Sam Adams beer was the sponsor that they made him look like Jason Bourne. In real life he was in his 40's with grey hair and was more of a scholar than a fighter.
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:15 am

I enjoyed the series, since it wasn't historically accurate, they may as well have killed off general Gauge in a bloody finale. Just saying...
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus

Return to “General Discussion Forum”