Sleep Apnea

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Re: Sleep Apnea

Postby mudsucker » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:37 am

My wife and I both have CPAP! She's had her's about 9 years to my 7. She snored so loud, I would go into spare bedroom. Once she got her's, she noticed I would stop breathing with regualarity. After the sleep clinic, I got one and swear by it! More restorative sleep fo'shure!
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
indamarsh
Regular

Postby indamarsh » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:23 am

the diagnosis (sleep study) and treatment (continuous positive airway pressure, CPAP) of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) will improve the way you feel and improve your health. OSA is associated with many other possibly deadly medical problems like pulmonary hypertension and right heart failure. some of these problems can be significantly improved with the use of CPAP. Also, people with OSA are at significantly increased risk from anesthesia/surgery. most people feel subjectively better with more energy and less day time sleepiness. Those that reported no improvement with CPAP should consult the company that provided the CPAP mask. there are other types of masks that may be helpful, including those that only apply CPAP to the nose.

good luck and hope you feel better (or snore less)
tupe
Veteran
Location: MS/LA/IL/WI/ND and anywhere else I can get to. Born in MS.

Postby tupe » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:59 am

Anther big yes vote!

Even though I am a skinny guy I have bad sleep Apnea. The CPAP machine has made my life much better.
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:59 am

Those of you that did the test and wear the device what were the symptoms that caused you to go to the Dr? I have been having blood pressure spikes and I wake up most mornings with a headache and I feel like I can't think clearly when I wake up. I am also starting to have memory problems. My family Dr believes all of the above are cause by sleep apnea and wants me to get tested. Just wondering what symptoms you guys had?
arduckslayer
Duck South Addict

Postby arduckslayer » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:23 am

The dr told my dad that memory problems are associated with sleep apnea because the brain isn't receiving enough oxygen to work properly and convert short term memories to long term.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:45 am

davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:45 am

And of course I snore like a chainsaw and I'm always tired.
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:51 am

night sweats, intense snoring, high blood pressure & my wife having to elbow me more ofthen in the night to get me to take a breath after a few seconds of not
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:26 am

Yep, CPAP works. Questions for the brain trust. My mask will leak around the upper nose piece and blow air into my eyes. Anybody got a fix? Any of you guys tried the new automatic machine and hose that adjust the flow humidity automatically.

When I finished my test the guy came in and said I never made it out of stage 1 all night. He had video of me just sitting straight up in bed to get more air. I had no memory of any of that.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:43 am

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
The Waterfowler
Veteran

Postby The Waterfowler » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:50 am

All said is very much spot on. I now get my REM sleep and don't conk out at 4 p.m. in the afternoon with a nap as before. More energy and not confronted with the danger of my brain short circuiting with a stroke or a MI during the night. I travel with it everywhere. Took me two nights to get used to it. Everyone at the duckcamp is happy too and several members now use them. Can be a life saver for sure. I was stopping breathing 61 times an hour and would wake up gasping for breath. Age has nothing to do with sleep apnea get tested.
Helping ducks have a bad day since 1961.

http://www.getducks.com
www.thewaterfowlerjournal.com
We hunt the World!
Trip
Duck South Addict

Sleep Apnea

Postby Trip » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:25 pm

One of my buddies finally started exercising and when his fat a s s lost some weight he didn't need it any longer...jus a thought.
Josh Lantrip
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:01 pm

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”