life proof vs otterbox preserver

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Greenhead329
Veteran

life proof vs otterbox preserver

Postby Greenhead329 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:35 am

Which one tends to hold up better, and protect better?
All I know is... A wise rooster don't bury his head when a chicken hawk is around...he keeps his eyes on his chickens

Dude...Why'd you make the homeless guy pay for supper?
mlj300
Veteran

Re: life proof vs otterbox preserver

Postby mlj300 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:26 am

In my experience Otter Box cases hold up much better, but Lifeproof protects the phone much better. I went through about two lifeproof cases a year. I am very rough on phones, probably much more so then the average person. Hope this helps.
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:14 am

I've had lifeproof for a couple years now, I work outside in the elements and around water and chemicals all day and the lifeproof is the best investment I've made when it comes to phones.
Life is to short to only fish on weekends
bucks n beaks
Veteran

Postby bucks n beaks » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:20 am

Had the Otterbox Armor Series for my iphone going on 2 years. A little bulky and heavy, but it'll protect it from anything short of a .223 to the screen. Waterproof, shock proof, drop proof, run-over-with-the-truck proof. Only down side is you can't hear the best through it unless you put it on speaker. But I like it.
slayem
Veteran

Postby slayem » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:07 am

Life proofs last me about 6 months. Otter boxes about 3-4, but never had the waterproof otters. I'll admit, I am just down right hard on everything I own.
WilM88
Veteran

Postby WilM88 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:14 am

I've had the screenless life proof on this iphone 5 since the day I got it back in March and it's been worth its weight in gold.
bulldog ducker
Duck South Addict

Postby bulldog ducker » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:31 am

I dropped my I phone 5 in the middle of blackjack rd in Starkville after the auburn game and watched it get runover multiple times. I was sure it was toast but went and picked it up and no damage. Case looks like crap after that but no damage to the phone.

Life proof
HR Dutch Charles Sampson Bearden ( Charlie)
DanP
Duck South Addict

Postby DanP » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:35 am

My lifeproof is going on 14 months with no issues. Its the screenless model on iPhone. Its survived multiple slides off the truck/utv on pavement and gravel. Also been submerged on several occasions and left outside in the rain overnight. The case has some scars but the phone looks brand new.
Bill Collector
Duck South Addict

Postby Bill Collector » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:34 pm

I am going on my third life proof.........I like them but it is kinda hard to hear someone speaking sometimes and the other party says I sound muffled sometimes....BTW, they don't hold up well when run over by a lawnmower, just an FYI incase you were wondering..ha
Rule # 1. No Fat Chicks
Rule # 2. Eager Beats Pretty
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:53 pm

The weak spot i found in the lifeproof is that i carry my phone in the leg pocket on carhart pants. Where i continually pull the phone in and out, the corner of the case eventually peals away. When this happens the case is no longer dust or water proof. They last me about 6 months.
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:07 am

last week, I would have touted the otterbox defender.
Yesterday picking up decoys, i got a lil to deep and took on some water. The phone is sitting in rice right now hoping it will dry the phone out to a usable state.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
medic11
Veteran

Postby medic11 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:21 pm

With the Lifeproof case there is a link on their website for warranty claims. The process is simple, 3-4 step process, email what they ask for and you will have a new case within a week.
Freedom Hunters
http://www.freedomhunters.org

Maple Ridge's Flyboy Buzz Lightyear "Buzz"

War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:30 pm

Same warranty with Otter. Not saying it is better, but they have the same warranty deal.
grnhed
Duck South Addict

Postby grnhed » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:43 am

Lifeproof all the way. I'm hard on a phone, and this case has over performed....bottom of the pit, wet dog sat on it, fell off 4-wheeler in the mud, spilled a drink on it, used it in the rain, and that all just happed the last week of the season.
lilham
Veteran

Postby lilham » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:58 am

I like the pelican cases
"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Discussion Forum”