Tommy Bronson's out of business?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jcr286
Regular

Tommy Bronson's out of business?

Postby jcr286 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:53 pm

I planned on stopping by on my way home this afternoon and there was an out of business sign in the window. Anyone know anything about it?
Trip
Duck South Addict

Re: Tommy Bronson's out of business?

Postby Trip » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:14 pm

They closed during the night a couple weeks back. Took the guns out, left the rest and locked the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Josh Lantrip
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:21 pm

Yep. Most work at dixie pickers now I believe. But now dixie pickers is moving to east memphis from collerville.

Avery is next sad to say
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
jcr286
Regular

Postby jcr286 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:10 pm

I appreciate the info guys. I enjoyed stopping in there every once in a while.

http://m.bizjournals.com/memphis/blog/morning_call/2015/01/collierville-retailer-moves-into-east-memphis.html?r=full

I see now that this was released today. Dixie pickers is actually taking over that building.

I would love to get my hands on some of the filson stuff they left behind, but who knows what will happen to that.
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:04 pm

Dang, didn't know that and hate to hear it.
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:44 am

I work 1/8 mile from that building, and pass it every day on my way home. I stopped in somewhat regularly since they moved. 90% of the times I went, I was the only customer in the store. No big surprise unfortunately.

As for Avery, that comes down to the two owners parting ways and bad business decisions. Apparently their receivables are higher than their debt, but the issue is all their products are made in China, and they are having major issues getting it in order to fill those orders. That contributed to their overall bad business decisions. Getting kicked out of every big box outdoors store is a pretty good indication of them going downhill fast.
Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:57 am

Tommy Bronson's is the only place I have seen the MSRP marked over and the price written higher than the tag.
quack_a_tack
Duck South Addict

Postby quack_a_tack » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:45 pm

With some of their prices I never understood how they remained open anyhow. I went in there 1 day last summer for a demo sale. Was lookin at getting a couple Higdon pulsators, and the ammo was suppose to be on sale. Even on sale the stuff was still more than ordering from rogers. I only went in a hand full of times in 9 years living in this part of the country.
Damn, i thought I had that one

Is that buddy of yours tryin to blow that call or make love to it?
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:41 am

Bronson's was a classic Memphis institution. Its original store was in midtown on Union Avenue before the move to East Memphis. They seemed to cater primarily to a bunch of old money sportsmen who were in a position to not have to worry about price, and that's a dying breed. It's a shame to see the end of an era, but I think the store was a victim of not changing with the times.
onyoside
Regular

Postby onyoside » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:43 am

Customer service sucked too, I had brand new gun through them went in to get it fixed (warranty work) and they wanted $ up front. I said its a week old a factory defect...not their problem. I called manufacturer and he sent me shipping label and rest is history. No thanks to Bronson's!
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:10 pm

"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/

Return to “General Discussion Forum”