mac book help / pdf book storage

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Greenhead329
Veteran

mac book help / pdf book storage

Postby Greenhead329 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:50 pm

Guys this may be elementary, but Ive never done it. One of my co-workers gave me 40 text books in pdf form to have to access and use while at work…right now they are on a usb drive, but how do I get from usb to mac, and once on the mac to like an iPhone or iPad? and under what app do i need to store what
All I know is... A wise rooster don't bury his head when a chicken hawk is around...he keeps his eyes on his chickens

Dude...Why'd you make the homeless guy pay for supper?
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Re: mac book help / pdf book storage

Postby Deltaquack » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:19 pm

How would you get a document from a "flash drive" "thumb drive" "USB drive" to any computer.......plug it into USB. A flash drive is simply like a hard drive. You then simply click on that drive and "Save As" into the folder you want whether it be under "documents" or whatever you so choose on your MAC/PC. You can do it in a variety of ways as far as sharing on an iPhone, iPad, and such. You can go to Dropbox and get it on your MAC and also download it on your iPad and iPhone and access anything you save in Dropbox from any computer or device. You could also use ICloud or iCloud Drive and access the files from any iOS device. I personally like Dropbox b/c i have a PC at work but use MacBooks and iPads at home. It's also easy b/c then i can log in on Dropbox from anyone's computer and have access.
ACEINTHEHOLE
Duck South Addict

Re: mac book help / pdf book storage

Postby ACEINTHEHOLE » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:39 am

Agreed, thumb drive then use Dropbox. My dropbox account is on my computer, iPad, and Phone. I mostly use it for sermons and that way I have them on whichever device I need them on. Easy Easy.
Casie Page

lipsplitter39654 wrote:
... an old man with a gun will kill you if you mess with him ...

Return to “General Discussion Forum”