Boondocks Firearm Training Academy Raymond MS

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Boondocks Firearm Training Academy Raymond MS

Postby cwink » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:16 pm

Just an FYI to all you about the new Boondocks Firearms Training Academy that is opening up in April in Raymond MS. This is going to be a top notch training academy like Gunsite and Front Sight. I will be a lead instructor out there and they will offer Basic Handgun classes and intermediate and advanced defensive pistol, force on force and sim training, carbine and shotgun training. This a ground up build on 320 acres to include a coverage range, new classroom, and pro shop.

The prices on the classes will be a little more than your run of the mill training course that is offered in the pasture of someone's back pasture.. The prices will run from $175 for a 1 day course to $600 for a 3 day course. But there isn't another training facility like this that I know of in all of the South East US. Similar classes at Gunsite and Front sight would cost you over $1000.00

Yall check it out and let me know if you have any questions..

https://www.boondocksfta.com/
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
iron grip
Duck South Addict

Re: Boondocks Firearm Training Academy Raymond MS

Postby iron grip » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:33 pm

I'm in!!!

Is there a guinea pig rate??? 8) 8)
At times there is not a satisfactory substitute for well-aimed lead going down range at high velocity.
-Jim Rawles

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us!
gator
Duck South Sponsor

Postby gator » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:48 pm

dude, LOVE IT!!!

i'm entered as well. if wink's doing it, it'll be top notch. i need my enhanced carry and a carbine class would be a kick in the pills!

good luck man, gator
HRCH Eight Gauge - Gauge (see you on the bridge buddy)
HRCH Eight Gauge's Mountain Man - Trapper
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:58 pm

They are using the NRA Basic Pistol curriculum for the Enhanced carry course and as a prerequisite to the Defensive Pistol course. They will be using a version of our legal section for their enhanced carry class and based on conversations with the rangemaster/training coordinator I believe anyone that has completed one of my classes would be able to go directly into the Defensive Pistol 1 course. This is a 2 day 400 round course. It should be a blast!!! I will be getting up to speed on the DP 1 course next month.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
DanP
Duck South Addict

Postby DanP » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:09 pm

cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:15 am

-George Washington
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:37 am

The guy that owns Saltdog llc is also looking at opening up a 1500 yd range in rankin co.

That should be pretty cool for the folks interested in long range or distance training.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
jwking
Veteran

Postby jwking » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:55 am

quick question...
the address listed on the site shows up as the hwy 18 and midway road intersection.
i know that there are 2 plots of land in that area of that size but one i am pretty sure is not the spot and a second of about 300 + acres.
so where Exactly is this place going to be ?
Because if its where i think it is it will be awesome as long as they dont fire south thru the woods...... cause my house is the next property :)
very interested to see , i know my "NEW " neighbors back there shoot most every weekend.
kevinw
Veteran

Postby kevinw » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:21 am

This place is about 1/2 - 3/4 mile from the Midway/hwy 18 intersection back toward Raymond. Before you get to the powerline crossing.
jwking
Veteran

Postby jwking » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:42 pm

haha , his back entrance gate is on my property :)
maybe i need to ride " around " and introduce my self to my neighbor ! i dont think they would appreciate me walking thru my back property out of the woods to say hi !!! :D :shock:
SwampMan
Veteran

Postby SwampMan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:22 am

cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:42 pm

Got in a little group therapy this weekend while getting up to speed on the Defensive Pistol 1 Curriculum.. 2 days and 500 rounds of pure fun!!! No matter how much you know about firearms and shooting there is always more to learn. This Training Academy is going to be awesome with pneumatic computer controlled targets and all the works.. This is my bad guy target from day 2. Safe to say he had a pretty bad day with about 200 round to the chest!!!!
Attachments
20150302_145146 (2).jpg
20150302_145146 (2).jpg (59.73 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
-George Washington

Return to “General Discussion Forum”