Low testosterone

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Low testosterone

Postby mshunter77 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Any of you guys have experience with low testosterone. Found out today my level is onl 175 and average for my age is over 600. To put it in perspective the average for men 85-100 is 375. What I am wanting to know is what treatment options y'all went with and if it really makes a difference.
Scully
Veteran

Re: Low testosterone

Postby Scully » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:24 am

Same boat- short answer is yes makes a difference. PM me for details
He said" The sheriff is near"
dlifter

Postby dlifter » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:42 am

Try to find the natural routes to raise your test levels first. Some vitamins and quality supplements work especially if you have some deficiencies you don't know about. These would help your own body increase its test production by itself. A doctor may put you on testosterone replacement therapy which would increase your test levels by using a outside source (topical creams or injections). These could give your body the signal to shut done its own production due to the outside source. A problem could occur if you cease the TRT or take a break and your body cannot crank production back up by itself. You could be dependent on TRT for life. I go natural at age 52 and have had good results (mood, energy, strength, monkey business). A lot of guys have good results with TRT at first but results vary with longer usage. If you go with TRT, find a doctor that knows what they are doing. They just want you to have a normal level and that won't just do for some guys.
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Hey Joe, how'd you come about this test?? I've wanted to get tested myself, I wonder if general fatigue and stuff is part of possible testosterone? I have the blood disease, which is some effect...but I'm generally sick and tired of being sick and tired! (credit to CCR for the quote)

I know somebody, that you know too, that addressed low testosterone last year and swears it was best thing he ever did!
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:28 pm

I used Andro Gel first time and noticed significant difference. Went 8-10 years with normal levels. Experiencing same symptoms now and was tested yesterday. Will know results next week.
Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:54 pm

Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Started the 2 weekly shot while back. Doc said might help on prostrate....I ain't taking flowmax, turns you into a woman... Low libido/breasts. Son in law had problem and he's lot younger, researched it and got his doctor to research to prevent body from stop making it. They came up with drug gets body to increase its production rather than outside source....Clomephene citrate, or Clomid is the stuff.
In not as tired lately but no help on the lil soldier yet :wink:
DanP
Duck South Addict

Postby DanP » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:20 pm

+1 on addressing nutrient defeciencies first. I went through the fatigue thing about two years ago had T level tested and it was a little low. Got on some good vitamins and supplements and it made a world of difference.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:48 pm

I have had it for over 10 years. Started in my mid 30's and it was like hitting a brick wall. Went the Androgel route and it worked. Now take a shot every two weeks. Your family doc can test you and prescribe whatever method yall agree on. One note of caution, the endocrinologist who started me on Androgel told me it would be next to impossible to have another child. Something about the body shutting down the biological source of testosterone and becoming increasingly dependent on the outside source. That "impossibility" turned 9 in August.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:09 am

please forgive my ignorance but what are the symptoms? I dont think i have any problems but would like to know.
There will be a day....
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:54 pm

"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:02 pm

Denduke
Duck South Addict

Postby Denduke » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Feeling tard all de time, problems gettin it up shows need for blood test to get your number...only way

"We know everything....except for what the flat billed facepainters crowd can bring to the table (no thanks).... hntrpat1
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:36 pm

foxtrot
Regular

Postby foxtrot » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:43 pm

46 and have been on Androgel for about a year... Its the easiest, most convenient way of raising your levels. It and others got a bad name a year or so ago because of the abuse with young guys using too much and subsequently increasing heart issues. My doctor is one of the top internal med docs in Germantown, TN and has no problem in my using it as long as not abusing it. For me, one pump of ointment on my shoulder every morning and levels are at slightly low/normal range but much better than when this problem was discovered.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”