Thanks for the thoughts and prayers

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers

Postby Seymore » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:22 am

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers for my wife. She was released from therapy Thursday and takes her driving test Monday. Because of how the virus got her inner ear she hasn't been allowed to drive until she can pass a driving test given by the rehab people. She then is cleared to go back to work as a school nurse when the break ends on January 5th. She's back to normal pestering the crap out of me and being bored to death not driving or doing very much.

Hope to go deer hunting Saturday and maybe duck hunt some next week. Been so long since I've been duck hunting I bet the places I used to go are totally different or maybe no even there anymore. One WMA close to the house had a tornado that all but destroyed the greentree reservoir. Won't know about other places until I go.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Re: Thanks for the thoughts and prayers

Postby Smoke68 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:15 am

Seymore glad to hear the wifey is doing better!

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:43 am

The docs told me at one point not to expect her to come home. They were convinced she had terminal cancer on her brain stem. That was the second time in my life where I got tunnel vision and had to sit down. The other time being when the yahoo my oldest daughter was dating several years ago backhanded her.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:11 am

Good news! Hope you find some birds; if not you are welcome to come with us sometime, assuming we get some birds down
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Postby landscaper » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:41 am

Great news!
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:52 am

Answered Prayers!
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
Tedl10
Duck South Addict

Postby Tedl10 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Awesome!!
Cash's Loaded Gun - Case

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after. It's a reckonin" - Doc Holliday

Ted Lloyd, Jr.
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:39 pm

That's awesome news, hope y'all have a great Christmas.
I am interested in purchasing duck calls that were made by Mike McLemore. I am a family member and they have a sentimental value.
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Good to hear!
Still praying for a full recovery (and that you get out of the house some too :D )
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:13 pm

The boss lady passed her driving test this morning!!!!! Look out Tupelo, she's got her wheels back. She was a bat out of Hell behind the wheel before the virus. :lol: Turns out the occupational therapist that gave the driving test worked with my Dad when he was chief resident at UMC. She took one look at me, the last name, and had it figured out. I doubt I could recall last week much less 30 years ago. We only have one more doc to see on the 31st and she's cleared for good.

We are all so busy running here and there and getting things done that we don't stop to appreciate the small things. Getting told you wife will never leave the hospital and to expect it to all be over with in 90 days is a show stopper to say the least. I bitch about living with 5 females but I wouldn't have it any other way.

SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:13 am

Are we gonna get wet?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”