Gun Safety/Lesson Learned

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
littlesmacko89
Veteran

Gun Safety/Lesson Learned

Postby littlesmacko89 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:07 pm

I saw this on my Facebook and decided I would like to share cause apparently there are people out there that don't think they need to practice gun safety. This came from a Game Warden friend that checked some guys and this is what he found. If you are a member on here I'm glad you are ok but use it as a lesson learned and be grateful that your not dead or injured.

This is his post:

TEACHABLE MOMENT LESSON FOR TODAY: Safe gun handling is imperative. This is the barrel of a duck hunter that I checked today. He tripped while walking with a loaded shotgun the barrel stuck into the mud and while fumbling trying to regain his balance his finger hit the trigger the gun fired. Obviously, his safety was not on. Fortunately, the barrel was not near anyone and nobody was hurt. YOUR SAFETY SHOULD NEVER BE IN THE OFF POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE SHOULDERING THE GUN TO PURPOSELY SHOOT IT.

novacaine
Duck South Addict

Re: Gun Safety/Lesson Learned

Postby novacaine » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Holy moly what a lucky guy :shock:
All i can say is God was really watching out for everyone involved with that deal.

Though it may piss many off..................i have ALWAYS been of the believe that there is no such thing as a hunting "accident".
In all cases that i know of (which aren't all by any means) and have been around, SOMEONE screwed up. Although it may have been a temporary lapse in judgement by someone, i say its no accident.
Tragedy or potential tragedy yes, accident NO.

Watch me drown in a boat tomorrow...............it wont be because i didn't have on a life vest or the plug is not securely placed in the boat.
Thats my 2
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:33 pm

I know that place! I got busted pilfering a cup of coffee from the kitchen Sunday. There was probably a thousand dollars worth shells shot there that day. Don't know how the numbers turned out cause one guy in our party had to leave early for work so we split. This is also why I've taken the past few years off from duck hunting, kinda let the Duck Dynasty thing cool down. Got an invite from a couple of old college buddies that have never hunted public land before so I gotta couple of stamps and some shells and dusted of the ol waders. At another popular WMA in that area, we had a splendid Saturday, although I have never heard so much shooting in my life. We left about 10 with modest but amble straps of teals and greenhead. At the checkout the GW said we were the only group to harvest any birds :shock: . There were still 2 or 3 groups out and the lone guy with the lone green wing teal while were chatting but not a single bird harvested in that melee. I just couldn't believe it. Any whos, guess I'll go till I run outta shells, then dip back into the shadows for a few more years.
Where'd who go?
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:03 pm

The sound of safeties clicking on and off in the blind makes me cringe.

Glad everyone is ok.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:23 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:36 pm

sky blasters in paradise
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:28 am

Nobody owes you anything.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:47 am

The other weekend when it was a full moon, 70 degrees, and raining a buddy of mine and I made a big loop ans stopped by to check that place out as we had never been. We were talking to the guy there managing the place, said he was a student at MSU and very nice guy. Anyway this hand walks in like straight off the set of crocodile dundee. Long flowing mane of hair, bad attitude, and some shark bone made into a hook looking thing necklace, and obligitory face paint. It was all we could do to not tell him G'day mate. Side note, there was about half a million dollars worth of rangers and jacked up trucks with black rims and other "gear" in the parking lot.
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:32 pm

Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."

Return to “General Discussion Forum”