OT: Blue and White Restaurant

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
brake man
Veteran

OT: Blue and White Restaurant

Postby brake man » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:37 am

I have noticed that, except for the Friday after Thanksgiving, the venerable Blue and White Restaurant has been nearly empty of hunters around 5:00 AM and during the post-hunt breakfast/lunch time slot when I have been there a few times this season. The normal tables historically filled pre-hunt with a couple of different guides and their clients have also been empty. Still see some familiar faces of hunters and crotchety old geezers pre- and post-hunt but the numbers are way off from the past many years. Anyone noticing that or have any theories as to why this is occurring? Think some have taken issue with the "no weapons or guns allowed on premises" placard now emblazoned on the front door?

Just thought I would throw this out since there is a lack of much duck hunting related topics. :wink:
brake man
Deltaduk
Veteran

Re: OT: Blue and White Restaurant

Postby Deltaduk » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:15 pm

Ate there last Saturday after we hunted. Was a lot of camo in there
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:16 pm

We have been a couple of times and I noticed the same exact thing. Mornings the place is nearly empty which last yr it was slammed all yr. Usually the lunch ground comes and goes. Been when it was packed then been when only locals were there.
Seems odd to me also
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:07 am

I was too busy enjoying the best donuts in the world to really notice how many folks were there with me.
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:18 am

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff

Return to “General Discussion Forum”