ADS - Waders

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
huntersmky
Duck South Addict

ADS - Waders

Postby huntersmky » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:14 am

Have not purchased any waders in 12 years and have a hole in my crotch on my old ones that I can't find. What's a good set of waders for me to buy now a days.

thanks - Hunter
ShotgunSP
Veteran

Re: ADS - Waders

Postby ShotgunSP » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:38 am

I've been happy with the Mack's waders, however this year they seem to be LaCrosse brand which I have never owned.
Timber Lover
Regular

Postby Timber Lover » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:03 pm

I'm in the same boat. Been wearing lacrosse brush tuff for years. I have had my eye on the new Banded Red Zone Breathable waders but scared to pull the trigger on a brand in not familiar with.
littlesmacko89
Veteran

Postby littlesmacko89 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:10 pm

i switched to the LaCrosse Brush Tuff waders last year and they were excellent but this year i got a hole somewhere and i can't find it....they are so warm that it really don't matter cause its not a lot of water coming in so its able to deal with but I'm not gonna spend $300 on these again for just one year of being dry free
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:47 pm

Mack's hip boots. The crotch never leaks.
ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
Rice
Duck South Addict

Postby Rice » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:25 pm

If you haven't had to get new waders in 12 years I would buy another pair of whatever you have!
A man who won't has no advantage over the man who can't.
QUACKERS
Duck South Addict

Postby QUACKERS » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:40 pm

If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.
CBRADGO
Veteran

Postby CBRADGO » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:07 pm

Lacrosse Swamp Tuff Pro or Duck Commander High Brass are far and away the 2 best pair of waders I've had on in a long, long time. Currently own the Lacrosse STP but you could save $30 and get the Duck Commanders and be just as satisfied...
"I stay away from that forum. It turns people into idiots and the ones who are idiots to start with are unbearable..."

-Blackduck
huntersmky
Duck South Addict

Postby huntersmky » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:10 am

Tks guys
SHANE704
Veteran

Postby SHANE704 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:31 pm

they're not fancy but cabelas are hard to beat...lifetime warranty
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Postby Anatidae » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:51 am

I've had some good waders over the years. Too bad they change about every 5-6 years, but it's usually because of improvements, or marketing needs. The best ones were made by Converse, then Red Ball, then Hodgman, but they all got bought-out by somebody else. I had a pair of Mack's (can't remember what model) and they performed well for several years.

I don't care for LaCrosse waders compared with Mack's or Cabela's.......and I wouldn't wear a pair of Drakes if they were free.

So, I've settled on Cabela's for Breathables, and Mid-weight neoprenes. My next choice would be Mack's but last time I was over there, they didn't have all the models out and I had just bought the Cabela's. I wanted to try some on just to see what size fit me in case I became disenchanted with the Cabela's to save on shipping back and forth to get the right 'fit' later-on. I did the same thing in Cabela's - tried them on in one of the MN stores then had them shipped instead of adding to the gear we haul home from Canada.

Good luck - there's a lot of products out there - know what you want, do your research, and make the best selection you can for your needs.

I've tried a couple of pair of higher-priced 'bells-n-whistles' waders and reverted back to the theory......go low-to-medium price range and replace them as needed. The 'Innovative' waders are never as good as they say and all the 'features' don't serve the basic purpose of keeping one warm, dry, and comfortable........something you can easily get with waders 1/2 the price. $400+ for waders is just assinine.
"I'd like to be remembered among my closest waterfowling friends (if I am remembered at all) for how I hunted them - not how many I killed" - [Jay Strangis]
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:22 am

I ONLY buy Cabelas waders. I haven't paid for waders since 2006.

LightMags is what I like, but any of the 3mm neoprenes will do just about the same. I like the armorflex material.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:42 am

+ fitty-leven for Cabelas waders. I have 3 mm Supermag's right now and love them. They wear easy with plenty of flex, I'm on the 3rd season so far w/ no leaks, and the boots are not Frankenstein size. And if they break, Cabelas sends you another pair...
TurkeyHunter27
Regular

Postby TurkeyHunter27 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:00 am

Question: with Cabela's waders, if you punch a hole in them, you send them back and they will replace them? Do i understand that right?

I have Mack's waders that i bought 2 years ago and i was told that the above was true for Mack's as well. Hard for me to believe. I know the new ones are LaCrosse with a Mack's logo stamped on so I'm not sure the same holds true. Or if it ever did.. ?
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:06 am

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae

Return to “General Discussion Forum”