iPhone question

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
pondman
Duck South Addict

iPhone question

Postby pondman » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:54 pm

To start I am not technologically inclined. Please remember this in any responses.

I was looking at my iPhone yesterday and realized I have a ton of information on my phone and very little is backed up. I do not have any Mac based computers at home. Is there a way to copy all of my information (pictures, videos, contacts) to a windows based computer with minimal effort and aggravation?

Thanks,

Pond
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
kb7722
Veteran

Re: iPhone question

Postby kb7722 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:02 pm

You can plug the usb cable into your pc and drag and drop photos and videos to a folder on your pc. There are several ways to backup your contacts. One way is a free app "My contacts backup". This will save the contacts to an excel file. You can then drag and drop the file using the usb connection or email it to yourself.

All of the above can be accomplished using the cloud, but I am not familiar with this method.
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:10 pm

Will an iPhone allow you to drag and drop without itunes? I was under the impression everything went through iTunes.
rboudet
Veteran

Postby rboudet » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:24 pm

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:09 pm

Yes.....use iTunes. Do you use outlook for email? It'll sync everything. It'll save all pictures to your computer, all music, contacts, etc. Backup to computer, and sync. You need to be doing this at least monthly. If anything ever happens to your phone, plug in the new one and hit sync and it'll be identical to the last time you synced.

It gets pretty advanced with calendars, email, and such.
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:33 pm

"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:55 am

Yes, I am in the world of pictures texts. I need to see some big straps of green that you have been killing at camp.

Pond
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner

Return to “General Discussion Forum”