Closing of a certain south delta wma

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
MrGoodtime
Veteran

Re: Closing of a certain south delta wma

Postby MrGoodtime » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:06 pm

4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:32 pm

Not sure which laws you're referring to, but like I said, I like to just move on. I pulled that number back in earlier 90's on a North Carolina Highway (back before cell phones and what not). Spent 4 hours huffing and puffing about warrant to search my truck like billy booty. Guess I pissed off the wrong guy. After the dogs and cops left with nothing but a warning for an inspection sticker (which I'm not even sure they have up there) I spent another 3 hours reloading my trailer and truck. Got a few other good stories but them days is behind me now. The preacher says all my sins is warshed away, including that Piggly Wiggly I knocked over in Yazoo. I aint carrying that rock no more. Not saying I don't break itty bitty laws every now and then, but I don't mind talking to cops or green jeans anymore. Hell, sometimes they can point you to a good honey hole.
Where'd who go?
MrGoodtime
Veteran

Postby MrGoodtime » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:56 pm

The law stateing that the cant search you truck without your consent or probable cause, if they have probable cause i want a signed warrant stateing what the probable cause is, , there is nothing in, or has ever been in my truck that is illegal ,i dont mind a " in plain sight " glance into my truck , i do mind someone digging through my belongings. I dont mind standing around wating for the warrant to get there, i'm never in a hurry. To many people today are willing to just step aside and have ther rights trampled on, sorry, i'm not one of those sheeple.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:47 am

Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:48 pm

ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
MrGoodtime
Veteran

Postby MrGoodtime » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:19 pm

davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:05 pm

Well don't be driving on a county road that just happens to run through a WMA
MrGoodtime
Veteran

Postby MrGoodtime » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:01 pm

Only one i even get close to is in the free state of tallahachie , and i aint worried bout nothing over there
BR549
Duck South Addict

Postby BR549 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:59 am

peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:21 pm

I was told today south delta wma has been funded for one more year. Thank Thad Cochran.
Peewee
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:35 pm

Wonder about the south ms Chris MCDaniel camp that actually uses it thinks?
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:30 am

Peewee
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:14 pm

Funding by COE for mitigation projects, or lack thereof, is the result of a larger policy issue.

When COE plans projects ( eg dredging rivers), part of the process involves an environmental impact study that determines the likely detrimental impact of the project ( eg loss of wetlands) and sets forth proposed mitigation projects to offset the anticipated damage. The COE project cannot go forward without this expensive environmental study, proposed mitigation, and public comment. Thereafter, the project and its funding must be approved by Congress.

The real fraud in this process is that there is no mechanism for recourse by taxpayers/citizens if the COE fails to carry out the approved mitigation. Under the law, the COE/federal govt cannot be sued for not doing what they said they would do in order to get the project approved. The COE will blame the Congress for cutting off funding. Congress will blame the CEO for a project with never-ending costs. And somewhere in the middle of this blame game, wetlands are being lost, and/or we are losing huntable lands.

At some point one has to ask: why even go through the charade of the environmental impact studies if the proposed mitigation to offset the negative impacts is not absolutely required to be done? Sounds like a huge waste of money and time.

So, the ultimate result of this farce is that the ball gets frequently dropped on these mitigation projects. And as an aggrieved citizen/sportsman there is nothing you can do about it ........ except.......

Change the law, and change the result. Or, another way to say it, don't approve the projects absent guarantees of mitigation. Publicly call BS on the unenforceable proposed mitigation related to these projects. Light up the phone lines of your Congress critters --- House and Senate.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:30 pm

Oh. I see. Blame it on us Mudsuckers!
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:17 am

Which districts are supposively behind on their mitigation proposals?
Peewee

Return to “General Discussion Forum”