Closing of a certain south delta wma

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Re: Closing of a certain south delta wma

Postby davidees » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:58 am

deltadawg9

Postby deltadawg9 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:25 am

So what's closing??
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:53 am

Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:12 pm

Thank God Cross gates WMA and the Pepsi shipping plant WMA are still going to remain open
Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
matador1
Duck South Addict

Postby matador1 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:23 pm

Not sure how legitimate this is but I noticed it began circulating last day or so. Regardless of who started it it can't hurt for the Corp to see people are concerned about this.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-lake-george-management-area
Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Not arguing or talking bad about other agencies, just said that that certain Moist Soil area didn't look 80% full to me...maybe it is.

No i din't get fired, been here a while, and I planted/checked survival on over 30K acres of this Corps land, including all the WMA's we are talking about as well as the Lower Twist section of NWR, and the area where I got a ticket near Coahoma/Bolivar County years ago (2011)....but the ticket was thrown out because there is a certain CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) that says that this land is open to public hunting ecxept in areas deignated no hunting by the District Commander (Title 36: Parks, Forests, and Public Property Part 327.8) Look it up. Problem was nobody (including the State guys that wrote the ticket) could provide me evidence where the District Commander designated this area as no hunting, they couldn't prove i was not supposed to be there so the judge said no go, and threw the ticket out. They wrote the ticket for "Illegal Taking of Wildlife on a National Refuge", which is in itself was incorrect because the National Refuge system is managed by the Dept. Of the Interior, this land is owned by the Dept of Defense so it couldn't be a National Refuge (maybe a technical error, but an error the same) we were allowed to keep our birds and just told don't come back......... as someone said, maybe the adjoining landowners are hunting it....not saying they are or are not, but when I was there it was a pit blind out there (2011), although it was in need of some TLC, it previously was not there, I know this for a fact, I blew the beaver dam up holding the water in that hole one summer and drained it...there was no pit blind (I have pictures of it drained). To say I have no respect for the natural resources is ludacrious, especially since you and I don't know one another. You assume this because I got a ticket hunting, and because I ask questions about the management of certain areas and the thought behind the decisions being made regarding these areas and my tax dollars being spent? or what exactly turned you on to the fact that I have no respect for the natural resources?

I happened to ride through this area last week, and low and behold there is a somewhat well used trail going in there off the gravel road. maybe someone else tried to hunt it and got a ticket, maybe not. But there are no signs up that say No Trespassing and there is obvious signs of use...maybe it's bird watchers. maybe it's meth heads (had some burn down 500 acres of replant in Washington County) or maybe it is duck hunters or deer hunters or maybe it's my imagination.

Still have not been provided evidence where this land is designated as No Hunting by the District Commander, only be told by the GW to not come back...maybe you can show me where it says it is closed to hunting DuckPro?
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:32 pm

So, if these WMAs close, will they not revert to just being "Corp land", which like other properties, is just open to be hunted?
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
MrGoodtime
Veteran

Postby MrGoodtime » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:30 am

So very glad i dont have to deal with hunting public land!
hustle
Regular

Postby hustle » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:46 am

4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:59 am

Where'd who go?
quack_a_tack
Duck South Addict

Postby quack_a_tack » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:47 am

Things could have changed, but it did get patrolled regularly. I use to bump into a certain warden in there often when I hunted down there. But not in a negative way dude was doing his job and I played football against his son so we usually talked football for a while. I forget his name now.
Damn, i thought I had that one

Is that buddy of yours tryin to blow that call or make love to it?
southdeltan
Veteran

Postby southdeltan » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:58 am

This isn't far from the truth. In the South Delta, there certainly seems to be less game wardens we used to have - and the hunting pressure is higher than ever. We were discussing this and they've all retired or been fired. There's one in Issaquena Co that's near retirement and there's one in Sharkey that could retire (he doesn't patrol, he works at the MDWFP headquarters most of the time). Wingman is the only State CO I ever hear anybody seeing.

I'm pretty sure I know which one Quack is talking about, and he's retired for health reasons.

I may be wrong, but it just doesn't seem like they've replaced most of the ones that no longer work.
hustle
Regular

Closing of a certain south delta wma

Postby hustle » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:28 pm

hustle
Regular

Postby hustle » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:32 pm

I call game warden last year about atv's going all over and he stated that he had been told by higher officials to not write citations for that

Return to “General Discussion Forum”