Closing of a certain south delta wma

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Re: Closing of a certain south delta wma

Postby deltadukman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Panther is owned and patrolled by the Feds, usfws....Ive see state gw's in there giving out certificates....wonder why this is any different. What strikes me is the amount of gw's, biologists, upper brass, and other official folks that read this website hoping for someone to self incriminate, yet have been pretty silent on anything else regarding matters like this...
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:52 am

Exactly!!

Ive got a question for the State guys on here. I was by a certain WMA in the south delta yesterday, it is a Corps owned moist soil mitigation area and is a "premier Waterfowl Hunting Spot" with opportunities offered by Draw hunts. There wasn't a bird on it and it looked like the ponds were all but empty of water and any kind of vegetation management. It is listed as 80% full on the website, but to me it looks like 10% or worse. Either way, what is the reasoning for not having that place 100% full and ready for ducks and hunters? You have pumps correct? (The Corps installed and fixed all the pumps a few years back if I am not mistaking) That was about the same time they built that nice fancy shop and tractor shed and bought those nice fancy tractors. Yet it isn't ready for ducks or hunters, just wondering why.

( I bet Cain Mount is in prime shape right now)
JLT
Veteran

Postby JLT » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:11 am

Y'all can get anything that you want done in this state if you will unify like the blacks. Say what you want, but it works.
rogt108

Postby rogt108 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Next time check the water control structures to see if they could hold additional water. Well, they cant. They are holding as much water as they can, as they were designed. Now, I will admit they werent designed correctly by DU.

Didnt you use to work for the corps? Did You get fired?
Duckpro12
Regular

Postby Duckpro12 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:17 am

The "State Guys" are right hear reading these post and choosing not to post due most of these post have false information or are misformed. I don't want to get on here and get into a argument with folks that always form there opinions before trying to get real information. Not as simple as the state taking over these CORP properties. It takes money and staff to run these facilities. It takes more money than you think to run some of these. I am last one that wants to see any closure of public hunting opportunities. I have spent blood, sweat, and tears trying to manage these areas as best as I can.

Regarding a certain WMA with no ducks or water. There is water but not to your liking 420. Believe it or not ducks can't feed in waist deep water. No sense in flooding the entire area at the beginning of the season either. All the food is gone by the time ducks are really here. You look at any well managed duck club they don't flood everything at once they do incremental flooding. That's what is done there so to have food all season. Nothing we can do about duck numbers except hope for cold up north.

I know the drawings can be frustrating at times. The goal is to provide safe and enjoyable hunting. You may disagree but I don't like hunting in the Wild West. Very hard to manage public hunters and have everybody happy.

Maybe 420 the reason why you got a ticket on a closed CORP is an adjacent land owner maybe heard the shooting and called it in or the officer heard the shooting. You want to get on here and talk bad about certain agencies but yet you have no respect for natural resources and go hunting on a closed area. That's another reason why no state folks are not responding. Have no respect for someone like you. Just like to add that I thank each person that respects the resources of MS and supports hunting. God bless and good hunting.
Last edited by Duckpro12 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
stang67
Duck South Addict

Postby stang67 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:50 am

Care to comment in the Canemount references that have been made? I really wouldn't have much to complain about if the State hadn't recently purchased that place. Admittedly I don't have ALL the information, but you can't help but see that the argument that there's no money doesn't hold much water when people look at that purchase.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:54 am

hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:30 am

teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:44 am

Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
gps4
Veteran

Postby gps4 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:31 pm

dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:07 pm

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:36 pm

ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Postby JaMak84 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:02 pm

deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
Wingman
Duck South Addict

Postby Wingman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:54 pm

I used to but somebody called in and complained that I stunk up the whole south end of DNF so I go home now.
ISAIAH 40:31

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt

Return to “General Discussion Forum”