Test - Hunting License Fee Increase

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
JaMak84
Duck South Addict

Re: Test - Hunting License Fee Increase

Postby JaMak84 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:29 pm

I'll agree to a license increase when the state decides to earmark a percentage of all state sales tax for the MDWFP. I pay a lot of taxes towards services I'll never use simply by being a citizen of this state. Since the fish and wildlife of this state belong to all the people of the state, we should all chip in for the management.
deltadukman: "We may not agree on everything, but we all like t!tties"
jbs38654
Veteran

Postby jbs38654 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:10 pm

We need to lobby for more nïggers to hunt if you want more government funding
"N¡gger please"
Paula Dean
Lazy Drake
Veteran

Postby Lazy Drake » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Not interested in any license fee increase. MDWFP should have plenty of money from all the additional ticket revenue generated from all the additional regulations passed in the last 5 years.

I might, with some major assurances be willing to designate an extra $1-2 buck that goes straight to buying public land to hunt. Only if it can never have a dumb draw hunt and I don't need a cheat sheet to take with me to make sure I am in compliance with the 50-11 rules posted at the entrance.
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:26 pm

I'm 100% in favor of a license decrease.
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:47 pm

It doesn't do any good to have public land to hunt, then a 60 day season, then out of the 60, you can only hunt it perhaps three, four days a week, say Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday. Unless there is a deer draw hunt prior to the first full moon in December on a Friday if that Friday falls on an even number.............it goes on forever. :x
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:49 pm

1993 is when today's license prices were set. I Googled what gas prices were in 1993, and the best I was able to come up with was $0.99/gal.

JaMak84 - you make an interesting comment regarding earmarking a percentage of the sales tax for conservation. Several states have alternative funding sources like this. MO and AR are the two that come to mind. I believe MO gets 1/8th of 1%. It doesn't sound like much, but it adds up quickly. You touched on one point, all of society benefits from wildlife and enjoys the use of public land in which the wildlife resides, either directly (hunting, camping, bird watching) or indirectly (clean air and water). As it is now in Mississippi, hunters are paying the way for all users. I wouldn't be opposed for others to chip $ in.

A 1993 dollar will not buy much today.
Scott Baker
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:51 pm

All of yall do understand that the MDWFP is a self sufficient state agency. Their operating budget comes from license sales.

And to the brother whining about tickets.....ticket fines go into the county general fund where the ticket was issued....even highway patrol tickets go to the county not the state or the agency issuing the ticket......and heres one for ya....dont break the law and you will not get a ticket.
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
ScottBrown
Veteran

Postby ScottBrown » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:50 am

DUCKAHOLIC

I don’t think anyone would mind paying more for a license if the "self sufficient state agency" would efficiently manage the public lands that we have, promote hunting on public lands, and not HENDER hunting on public lands. Seems like they want more money to make more rules that restrict my hunting on public land.
7ducks
Veteran

Postby 7ducks » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:10 am

A duck call is one of the best conservation tools ever invented
ScottBrown
Veteran

Postby ScottBrown » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:52 am

Go up on Ooser Licenses..
arduckslayer
Duck South Addict

Postby arduckslayer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:13 am

peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:21 am

I don't have a problem with a reasonable increase. IMO though I believe if you pay $15.00 for a WMA fee that I should be able to hunt the WMA's.
Peewee
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:25 am

[quote="peewee"]I don't have a problem with a reasonable increase. IMO though I believe if you pay $15.00 for a WMA fee that I should be able to hunt the WMA's.[/quote

Without being told what time you can pull your vehicle into the parking lot! Next it will be how many squares of toilet paper you can wipe your butt with. The overregulation has got to freaking stop or people will quit hunting.

Hey, that may be what there after.
420 racin
Veteran

Postby 420 racin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:13 am

They don't want you to hunt..they want you to buy the licenses and ATV permit, and Boat launch permit and the WMA permits, and then like said before, you can only hunt on certain days, if you were drawn and at this certain spot from this time til that time. And the whole Cain Mount thing..what SOB thought it would be a good idea to spend our money to buy that property, just to restrict it like it is restricted? Like somebody said, we can't pump the GTR's but we can spend millions on other stuff??? And don't forget like I have said before, alot of your WMA's are owned by the Corps of Engineers and they subsidize/pay for the entire "managment" (i use that term loosly) of the property that the MDWFP does, even pay the salary for an employee.

I got a lifetime license along time ago from my Old Man, best present I ever got, he is buying my son one this year for his birthday.

You don't think they want to confuss you with the rules so you break them...look at the regulations regarding shooting hogs...pure ignorance!
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:51 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”