Wife needs prayers

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Re: Wife needs prayers

Postby Jeff » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Praying for help and healing.
mlj300
Veteran

Postby mlj300 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:42 am

You got it
Only Those Born & Raised in Nort East Mississippi Will Know Exactly What i MeanTo Those Set Adrift Amidst BrokeDick Rednecks,Radical Pentecostalism,Moonshine Bootleggers and PusserMania,There are Two Kings to Choose From-Elvis or Jesus.
-Jimbo Mathus
BBR12
Veteran

Postby BBR12 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:30 am

Will be praying for her and your family.
HR Reid's Shasta Daisy

aka Choclabs
mfalkner
Duck South Addict

Postby mfalkner » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:35 am

Still lifting her (and you) up; the waiting is the hard part
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:14 am

She had a new MRI yesterday which showed no change in the "anomaly". Her spinal tap showed a very high pressure of 43 where 18 is norm. They drew enough off to get it back to norm and some of her headache resolved. However, she has lost muscle control on the right side of her face, still has vision issues, and still has balance problems. Doc gave her 1 gram of steroid last night and giving another gram today to get swelling out. She was much much better when I saw her a little while ago but still has no muscle tone in the right side of her face. She's very frustrated because when she drinks it is running out of her mouth. She has to use a straw.

The biggest concern was that this was lymphoma which would be just terrible where it is located. The other option is an infection of some sort. I got the nurse to read off the spinal fluid test and the initial readings were normal except for the pressure being noted. If it was lymphoma the protein level would be high but wasn't. Cultures will be back in 2 days. We can deal with infection and I'm glad there was no protein. Doc may come in and totally shoot me down this afternoon but I feel good about it now. She's worried about getting the muscles in her face back and I told her I didn't give a crap. I'd take her with a screwed up smile. She laughed and hasn't done that in days.

Hopefully, something will be known definitively by the end of the day.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:32 am

a laugh from a hospital bed is always a good sign!
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
Bully
Veteran

Postby Bully » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:34 am

Seymore,

I know that we do not know each other, but I am right down the road in Mooreville. My wife is in Tupelo every day. Please let me know if we can help you and your family out in any way. I will send a PM with my phone number.

Praying
Justin
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Postby landscaper » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:39 am

That's encouraging news. Still praying for y'all.
SWAG
Duck South Addict

Postby SWAG » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:14 am

Praying for you both.
Are we gonna get wet?
bucks n beaks
Veteran

Postby bucks n beaks » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:17 am

Praying.
ShotgunSP
Veteran

Postby ShotgunSP » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:42 am

Praying for yall.
SkippyJ
Duck South Addict

Postby SkippyJ » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:14 am

On the way brother!!
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:53 pm

More prayers for your wife and family.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
brake man
Veteran

Postby brake man » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:56 pm

Prayers sent from middle TN for your wife, you, and your entire family. May the Lord heal your wife, give all of you peace, and give all the caregivers wisdom as they take of your wife.
brake man
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:59 pm

The only notation on the spinal tap report is the high pressure. The rapid test for bacteria and virus showed nothing but we still have 2 days to go on cultures. There's also a fungus culture pending because she may have been exposed to a certain fungus in her work. As of right now they believe she may have had an autoimmune reaction where her body went into overdrive and didn't shut off. She had the curd shortly before this and the headaches, vertigo, and neuro loss started just a few days after that. If nothing else shows up they will consult a rheumatologist and go from there. We can deal with anything but the lymphoma. Even then the neurologist said it would have been the earliest find of lymphoma he had ever heard of and she would have a very prognosis. After we heard autoimmune from doc and knew cancer had been pretty much removed from the table I told her I knew she was screwed up when I married her but didn't know she was this messed up. She flipped me off so she must be feeling better.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”