Wife needs prayers

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Re: Wife needs prayers

Postby Seymore » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:23 pm

We have an official diagnosis. She has an autoimmune disorder called Ramsay Hunt Syndrome. Basically, she got sick 2 or 3 weeks ago and the herpes virus which is inside of all of us who have had chicken pox goes haywire. Instead of showing itself as shingles it went for her central nervous system. The odds are better than even that she will regain neuro function. She is going to be there a while though have massive steroids and other meds. They also want to do another MRI in a few days and spinal tap to make sure but her is fairly confident this is what it is. He told her this has kept him up at night reading since Sunday and he will never forget this case.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
QUACKERS
Duck South Addict

Postby QUACKERS » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Glad to see they have figured it out, also glad to there is humor during a time like thisit has to help in this situation! Prayers sent
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.
Duck$$$
Veteran

Postby Duck$$$ » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Went through this sort thing with my wife few years back. Vertigo, headache , low platelets and bells palsy( facial stroke) Went through spinal tap thinking leukemia. She had auto immune issues also, no cancer. Very stressful times and trusting in The Lord is a must. Took 3 doctors to get a diagnosis. We've had no problems since her weekly treatments of 3 hr IV transfusions at the cancer center for weeks for the platelets. Scared us to death. Everything been good since and facial muscles are normal now. Prayers sent.
JDgator
Duck South Addict

Postby JDgator » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Calling her screwed up? hah! I guess her account has a credit balance considering how many times she must have been there for you while you were under the blade.

Still praying for y'all.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:05 pm

Yeah, I know.

She's about as stuff a lady as I've ever seen. I stepped in front of the door Sunday and told ER doc to sit down. I said this lady don't know quit and was born 150 years to late. She is the type who would ride across the prairie during Manifest Destiny, have a kid at daybreak, claim her plot of land at Noon, and have supper ready at 6 and it would have been something she caught, shot, or trapped. I give a lot of credit to ER doc. She didn't just give it a once over and send her home with some pills. She caught the sluggish eye movement and said she knew something was wrong and it would be more involved than she could do.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Postby Jeff » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Glad you have a diagnosis. Will continue to pray for healing.
curlytail
Veteran

Postby curlytail » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:25 am

Glad to hear she is doing better. Will continue prayers for her, you and the family.
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Postby judge jb » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:52 pm

Hope the best for the two of you! Judge jb.
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Glad yAll are starting to get a handle on things. Godspeed
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

Return to “General Discussion Forum”