Brandon native fighting ISIS

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Brandon native fighting ISIS

Postby fireplug » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:54 am

You guys seen this? Any of you know him?

Not really sure what to think of this one just yet so I'm going to reserve my opinion until it's processed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO8eN46Ryt8#t=57
How do you like your Hope and Change?
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Re: Brandon native fighting ISIS

Postby GET-N-RITE » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:40 am

I'll do the same and keep my opinion to myself as well
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:56 am

I guess the bigger question would be, what's the legality of this? You can go to any country that is in the middle of a war and kill people
without any consequences? Not saying I agree or disagree with what this cat is doing. I guess the sad part is that it's come to the point
where volunteers are going to have to stop those ISIS freaks from totally decimating the Christian population over there instead of leaders
around the world stepping up. Pitiful. :?
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:12 pm

I wouldn't think anything he does over there has any legal bearing here. Legality issues would have to arise from that country.
You can't get arrested for possession of pot here because you smoked it when you were over in Amsterdam.

But then again, the gub-ament never ceases to amaze me.
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:07 pm

One of the greatest service men to ever serve this country did the same thing, went and fought for someone other than the U.S ....His name.....Chesty Puller....get his book and read it.

There is no judgement to be had here.....we may have to fight these corksoakers ourselves one day, because our fearless pos potus sure isnt going to doit
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:41 pm

Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
bolivarduck
Veteran

Postby bolivarduck » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:02 pm

tombstone
Duck South Addict

Postby tombstone » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:10 pm

i cant see the video, but if he is fighting isis, i hope he fills their corpses with hog entrails and sends as many as he can to meet their creator.
There will be a day....
craziehunter18
Veteran

Postby craziehunter18 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:45 pm

I read all that his man did in his career. He was a true hero and deserves all the respect we have to give him.
Famous Quotes-
"Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America—because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race."[22]
"They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides by an enemy that outnumbers us 29:1. They can't get away from us now!"[23]
"Great. Now we can shoot at those bastards from every direction."[24]
"We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them." – November 1950, during Chosin Reservoir campaign[25][26]
"Remember, you are the 1st Marines! Not all the Communists in Hell can overrun you!" (at the Battle of Chosin Reservoir)[27]
"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the real Marines."[28]
"Where do you put the bayonet on the damn thing?" (upon seeing a flamethrower demonstrated for the first time)[29]
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."[28]
Evin

[size=150]TEAM ADVOCARE[/size]

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. -1Thessalonians 5:16-17
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:31 am

Seeing the videos of what ISIS is doing over there gets my blood boiling, just like after 9/11. If it wasn't for my wife, I would have likely been enlisting the first chance I got. No judgement here, I am glad there are people that still stand up for what they think is right..
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
Buckwabit
Duck South Addict

Postby Buckwabit » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:36 am

Chad Miley

I love the "Ole Man"..Plenty of Birds and No Company...
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:59 am

Not sure where the mix-up came in on this one. I didn't say I was judging him. I said I was reserving my opinion until I had time to think on it.
I have so here is my opinion, which is still a mixed one.

I admire this guy's courage and willingness to leave everything behind and take the fight to the enemy. At the same time I think he's a fool for
leaving his wife and children at home fighting for a lost cause. When he signed up for the US military he joined a group that could / can make
a difference against these clowns, IF (BIG IF) the leadership would step up and take the fight to them. The Kurds can't beat these guys. They
might slow them down, but they won't beat them. You can never stop a serious insurgency. Ever. So this guy is risking getting his head cut off
so he can go shoot some ragheads and grin and smile about it. Something about that bothers me a little. It kind of bothers me that anyone
with a few dollars can load up and fly over to Syria and commence to killing people with no repercussions. How do you even know who the enemy is?
You have the Kurds, the Syrian army, the jihadist, and the other jihadist that are wanting overthrow the Syrian leadership. How do you know
who you are shooting at? Just seems like a lost cause to me.
My point is, I think this guy has good intentions, but I think he's joined the fight at the wrong point. If he really wants to make a difference he should
join up with border security or do something to ensure they don't get across our border and let them fight it out over there.

I've always said, I think the best thing our government can do is give safe asylum to the Christian and any other people that want out and let the rest
fight it out.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”